❤️Atem x Reader❤️

Under a Thousand Lights

Xxx
Something short and sweet. ❤️❄️❤️
Xxx

You must endure this. You can endure this. As much as you hate this weather you will not let it faze you because you love her.

Atem ran these words over and over in his mind as he walked with you this cold winter night. It was Christmas eve and the two of you had left the party at Anzu's house. Everyone had wished him the best of luck and Yugi had asked for the third time if Atem was sure he wanted to go through with his plan.

"There are other ways mo hitori no boku. Are you sure?"

But Atem was sure that there was no other way he wanted to do this and he had already involved Kaiba in his plans.

"You really love her that must to do this? You didn't need to challage me to a card game over this. I'll handle everything and be satified knowing that you will be freezing your ass off."

Even Kabia knew the one thing Atem literally hated. There were few things Atem would use the word hate for but there was one thing that he used the word for unabashedly. The cold. Atem hated the cold and he hated being in it. He didn't mind watching snow drifting from the sky from inside a warm house under a blanket with a fire going. Being in the snow was a different story.

Being his girlfriend of two years you knew this very well and it surprised you when he told you that he wanted to walk home. It's not like you love the cold but you did like the snow and the feeling of it falling on you.

"Are you sure you don't want to take a cab?" You asked as you brought out you phone. "I'm sure that I can find one nearby."

Atem had to resist saying yes but the sign to Domino park came into view. He shook his head and winced as the cold melting snow slid down the back of his neck. "I'm sure. We are almost there." He said pointing to the park.

"Almost where?" You asked then became still.

The lights at Domino park was a yearly tradition but the cost of decorating and coordinating the event had become too much for the city. This year there were going to be no lights and the new made you sad. Every year you would go to see the lights on Chirstmas eve but the last two you didn't because you knew Atem hated the cold. Yet, from where you stood you could see the lights glittering in the trees.

"I thought," you had started then turn to Atem asking, "how did you know that the lights would be here?"

The smile that he flashed at you made you breathless with wonder. He was up to something and you knew it had to be big. He only smiled like that when he had something up his sleeves. Atem offered his arm to you and said smoothly, "It would warm my heart if the most beautiful girl in the world would walk with me on this cold night."

"Well," you said, pretending to think it over , "I do know that you hate the cold and I wouldn't want you to freeze to death."

Atem chuckled then shivered. "I feel like I might in a second if you don't say yes."

You laughed and took his arm while placing a kiss on his cheek. "Thank you Atem. I always wanted to do this with you."

The two of you headed towards the park and over the gate was a huge KC in white and blue lights. Atem felt a drop of sweat at the sight. I just wanted him to give money to the city! Not take over the light festival!