Ja-Rein

"Put your weapons on the table." The tabaxi woman commanded.

"Why?" Aerimus asked.

"Because you're about to see one of the most powerful people in the city and none of us are in the mood for an assassination today."

"That's a good reason." He replied, setting his two swords, handaxes, and his bow on the table. The dragonborn set his spear on the table, Appo his sword, and Meriele her 12 daggers, one at a time. Each new knife on the table set her young partner that much more on edge. "Will you hurry up?!" Aerimus eventually snapped on the 7th dagger. She calmly continued. "Meriele!"

She eventually got all of her daggers on the table and grinned innocently at the commander, who was practically dying from this strange elf putting her behind schedule. "Is there anything else?" She asked tensely.

Meriele thought a second before digging a mace out of her bag and setting it on the table. "No." She said. Aerimus dramatically fell over as Meriele rolled her eyes. "Really now, Aerimus, you act like I used all of these weapons to murder your family."

"Hey!" The commander warned. "Get him up. Let's move." Meriele and the dragonborn grabbed him by the hands and hauled the small elf to his feet.

The group entered a lavishly large study decorated with a fireplace and red rugs. "Who would ever need such high ceilings in a study?" Aapo muttered. He soon got his answer as a nine foot tall figure with blue clothing, gray skin, and a grim look on his face stood up from a chair behind the oak desk. "Because it's beautiful!" Appo recovered to the sound of nervous laughter from his new comrades.

"Be quiet, all of you!" The goliath snapped. The room fell silent and the goliath sighed. "Thank you, Jessarin. Leave us." The tabaxi woman saluted and left. "I am Ja-Rein. Now, you all know why you're here—."

"Do we?" Appo asked.

"No." Meriele said.

"Wait, what are we talking about?" Aerimus asked.

"Shut up!" Ja-Rein shouted.