fantasy winners

please pm jells_ your email for the stickers! and please make sure you gave a big thank you to our judges! we couldn't have done this without them.

judges:

HolyWater4Watt
LifeDeep
Jells_

winners:

in first place is dawn of the forgotten by Matt_Fantasy with a score of 57/60!

review:

The cover is too dull and full you need to be able to get an eye-catching experience from looking at your book and it's a bit bulky but everything else is good. Good job! ~ HolyWater4Watt

(since i, lydia, has already read some of it, i'll write a review as well)

for my personal preference as a graphic designer, i would both agree with chloe and not. i think it would catch the eye of more readers from something more vibrant as most of the colours on your cover is pretty dull. however, covers are a personal preference and is completely your choice.

your summary is a bit bulky, and i feel as if you could have gone with something less? it feels like something that you would be able to reveal within your story whether as a prologue or through smaller details. i think not many people like reading long blurbs, and it would help to add a more "oomph" (lol i don't know how to describe it) and add a further air of mystery to make the reader continue reading.

you're a very descriptive writer and i enjoy the little tidbits of humour that you throw into the story. you showcase the characters' emotions and relationships very well, and i especially love seeing the relationship between zoran and theo along with theo and valora. however, the downside to being a descriptive writer is having lots and lots of boring parts. try to find a way to make it exciting or else it'll just make it seem like you're describing the scenery too much. make sure you give the reader something left to imagine.

i would like to add in that you have a lot of fight scenes. i both enjoy how your describe them and i don't. this part is an issue of you adding to much detail. fights are supposed to be filled with panic and moving on instinct. a lot of it should be a blur. make sure to add in that extra emotion and make it seem like a rush. if you would like, you can add more details after the fight where your character can recall moments.

your grammar is very good. there are the occasional spelling errors or missing punctuation, but editing can easily fix that. if you're extraordinarily lazy, just use an app. that's what i do lol.

anyway, i can't wait to finish the rest of your story! ~ Jells_

in second place is daughter of fate by mathiascavanaugh with a score of 51/60.

review:

first off, the cover is gorgeous! it's very eye-catching and screams fantasy so yay! also, your summary was very intriguing. it really draws the reader in and adds a lot of mystery.

i was very eager to see how you would go about your story, especially since a lot can go wrong with fantasy. i've read loads of stories that talk about fate, and i wanted to see how you would tweak it. you definitely did it right.

i love the small excerpts from your own little bible. it adds to the story and hooks the reader immediately. it also shows just how much work and thought you have put into the book, so that made me appreciate your writing even more.

your starting sentence is an amazing hook. one of the best i've seen in a while, and everything that followed not a letdown. with the goddesses coming in and fighting over a soul, it creates such a perfect beginning.

your descriptions are so cinematic, i can't even imagine how much time you've had to write and rewrite them to make them exactly the way you want them to. it's very hard for writers to showcase desperation, tension, pain, sorrow, happiness, and love so strongly, and you've done it. you manage to switch from emotion to emotion without it seeming weird. even with abrupt changes, you manage to make it easy to understand, and that's a huge plus.

i literally don't have anything to critique. your grammar is impeccable and your writing is amazing.

so, i guess, good luck with the rest of the series. i'll definitely keep reading. ~ Jells_

in third place is ri & the dragon by mgcjoan with a score of 50/60!

review:

The cover is really good and eye-catching the title could be a bit better based on what the book is about. Slow the plot down and explain somethings the way of writing needs to be looser. Other than that, it was an awesome book. ~ HolyWater4Watt

congrats to all the winners! other reviews will be posted in a separate book! :)