EXTRA: It Is The Holidays

Gilbert always found Matthew's insistence on wearing a onesie for Christmas strange. Still, seeing the blond at the base of the Christmas tree, laughing with his brother, eyes sparkling with excitement as he pulled away at the wrapping of gifts. Well, Gilbert felt his would always feel his heart melt.

Matthew finally looked up from his gifts and smiled at Gilbert. His family was bickering with Alfred about the gag gift he had gotten his dads. Arthur was not a fan of the pinky, fuzzy hand cuffs. Francis, although a bit embarrassed by the gift, was already counting the millions of ways he could use them. So, they were too busy to notice Matthew stand up and go over to where his love was standing.

"Hey, gorgeous." Gilbert winked as Matthew wrapped his arms around him.

"Hey, handsome." Matthew giggled and kissed Gilbert's cheek. "Thanks for the gift."

Gilbert's cheeks dusted with pink. "Well, I know you love hockey, and it was about time you got new skates."

Matthew laughed and shook his head. "Not that one." He then grabbed Gilbert's left hand and kissed the ring that recently adorned it. "This one."

Gilbert forgot how to breathe for a moment.

~***~

He had spent a few months planning. Gilbert was convinced that he had to proposed in the most perfect way, or else Matthew would feel like he was taking it a bit too lightly. It was not like Matthew would actually deny Gilbert's love, but he had suffered from a horrible relationship. Something over the top, like what Francis and Antonio had suggested, would probably send the boy running without an answer.

So, Gilbert began to plan his own perfect date. They went ice skating. The perfect excuse to hold hands and stick close. After, Gilbert took Matthew to their favorite restaurant. He had avoided Francis' restaurant. Knowing that he would be keeping an eye on them and interrupting enough to ruin the mood.

After they had their meal, they went back home for a short movie night. Gilbert had never expected Matthew to try and get intimate. Touching him in places that had the pale man redder than the Canadian flag. After noticing the blatant removal of his hands, Matthew finally asked what was wrong.

Gilbert groaned at the memory.

"Hey, Birdie. Nothing's wrong. I just don'twanna have a boner when I asked." Gilbert watched how Matthew's stubborn curlbounces as he tilted his head slightly. His eyes darkening in confusion, butthen widening and brightening again in realization. "No way" was plastered alllover the blonde's face and Gilbert decided it was too late to back out now.

~***~

Matthew giggled as he watched Gilbert cringe from the memory. He knew that Mr. Awesome had tried to make things super smooth for the proposal, and that his desire to make the night more intimate had all but ruined his plans.

"I'm glad you like it." Gilbert blushed.

"Of course, I loved it." Matthew grinned. "Though, I'm pretty sure not many can say they got proposed to by someone with a hard-on."

"Birdie!" Gilbert pleaded. Hiding his face behind a hand.

Matthew laughed at his boyfriend. "Oh, calm down, Gil. That was my fault. The date was wonderful."

"Really?"

"Yes."

The two leaned in closer. "I'm still sorry I ruined your plans."

"Nah," Gilbert smirked. "You still said yes."

"No was never an option." Matthew admitted.

They were just about to kiss when Alfred's short attention span switched back over to them. "Eww! Bro, get a room!"

Damnit, Al!

Matthew started arguing with Alfred. Telling him he would get his payback when Alfred finally got a relationship, and he would make it suck.

Francis and Arthur tried to calm Matthew. Reminding him that Alfred was just an idiot.

Gilbert laughed at the scene before him. They had been engaged for a few weeks now. Lovino had immediately started multiple drafts of wedding plans. Feliciano aiding with the menu and cake. It had taken Matthew hours to get them to calm down enough to listen to his wishes, but in the end, it was still the wedding Matthew and Gilbert wanted. With just a bit of help from outside sources.

María and Alfred had given Gilbert the "you hurt him; we kill you" talk. He had expected it, but that never removed the intimidation. Alfred was overly protective, and Gilbert could tell he was only looking out for his twin. María, however, Gilbert was sure would enjoy punishing him if he so much as made Matthew frown. It scared him more when he found out that she and Allistor had started seeing each other. Arthur's cousin would have no issues aiding his new love in tearing Gilbert apart.

Still, Gilbert found he could do nothing otherthan smile. Despite every mistake he had ever made, Gilbert had finally found apurpose again, and his life had found a balance again. All it took was findingMatthew.