Javier x Reader - Splashing

Word Count: 1330

It had been boiling hot for the past week but today really took the cake. All the members of the gang were either dead or dying and Dutch had excused everyone from doing jobs.

Right now you were draped over a rock, fanning yourself as you slowly melted. Despite your predicament, you couldn't help but feel bad for your boyfriend, Javier. He was on guard duty right now, the one job Dutch couldn't excuse. Even though he was in the shadow of the trees, you couldn't imagine how hot he must be. So, as any good lover would; you started thinking of ways to cool him down once he was done with his shift.

- - - -

"What are you up to mi amor?" Javier's voice cut through your thoughts.

"Ah, Javier! You're done with guard duty?" You asked with a start.

"That I am. Wouldn't have been able to do it for another minute in this heat, I'll tell you that!" He joked.

You smiled at him before getting up and grabbing the basket of items you had packed earlier. "Come! It's time to go and cool down!" You smirked and grabbed Javier's hand before walking over to the horses.

"Do we have to ride right now?" Javier whined which made you chuckle.

"Trust me, it'll be worth it."

With that, the two of you mounted up and you led the way to your pre-selected spot.

After riding for a little while, the two of you got out of the scorching sun and into the shade of a forest. You continued riding for a tad bit longer before the two of you reached a large pond. The sun shone through the trees, illuminating the water and making you able to see to the bottom. Fish swam around and through water plants.

"So, do you want to eat before or after we've taken a dip?" You smirked and Javier turned to you with a playful twinkle in his eye. "I do not like that look, what is that fo- No! JAVIER PUT ME DOWN!" You screamed at the top of your lungs before Javier tossed you into the pond.

With loud and high splashes you crashed into the water before resurfacing with a scowl. Javier was on the bank, laughing his ass off at you and failed to notice you getting closer.

Like a dripping, leaking sea monster you got out, having to drag your feet thanks to the weight that was your wet clothes. Javier looked up and saw you approaching him. As quick as he could, he turned on his heel and went to run away but you flung your wet piece of clothing at him, making him trip. You stood there in your underwear, laughing at Javier whose face was planted firmly in the ground. "THAT IS WHAT YOU GET!" You howled our before doubling over in laughter.

With a sly smirk, Javier untangled his feet from your clothes before taking off his vest and hat. Once his shoes were safe as well, he stormed towards you and jumped into you, causing you both to topple backwards into the water.

Your yelp got muffled when you hit the water and once you resurfaced, you gasped for air before bursting into a fit of giggles.

"Ah, this feels good." Javier smiled next to you, relishing in the feel of the cool water.

"Perfect way to relax from a guard shift don't you think?" You winked at him and he swam a little closer to you. When he reached you, he wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you closer, lovingly gazing into your eyes as he kept you both afloat.

"A perfect way it is indeed." He smiled before placing his lips on yours in a passionate kiss.

After a little while, he broke it only to look into your eyes again.

Just a little too late did he detect the glint of mischief in them and before he could react, you had dunked his head under water. You laughed and swam away from him as fast as you could, to avoid getting dunked back.

Once Javier resurfaced, he spat out a little bit of water before grinning at you.

The way his wet hair framed his face together with that smile, made you swoon and nearly froze you in your tracks. You caught yourself in time however and quickly looked away. This was war! No time for gawking and getting distracted!

Swimming over to the other side of the pond, you heard splashing behind you, signalling that Javier was in pursuit. When the splashes suddenly stopped, you turned around with a start. Nowhere in the pond there was a sign of Javier.

Weary of where he was, you squinted your eyes and looked around. Just in time, you caught sight of him to your right, below the water's surface.

He was gaining on you rapidly and with a sly smirk, you thought up a plan.

Quickly grabbing a stick that was on the bank next to you, you stuck it into the mud. Quickly standing in front of it so that Javier couldn't see, you waited for him to approach.

Right as he was about to reach you, you jumped away and twirled around the stick, making Javier crash into it.

He broke through the surface of the water and sputtered out some water before grabbing the stick.

He glared playfully at you and you gave him your most innocent smile.

"I see how it is." He smirked while you continued to look as sweet as possible.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." You replied.

Without warning, Javier suddenly swung the stick around, dragging it just over the surface of the water in your direction which caused a whole bucket load to splash up and soak you. Before you could even properly register what he did, he splashed you two more times with an evil smirk.

You squinted at him, trying to think of another way to get him when he threw the stick away and dived towards you.

He glomped you in a hug, pulling the both of you under water. You tried to break free from his grasp but he clung to you like a koala, keeping you under water and in his grasp.

After a few more seconds, he finally gave in that air was a necessity to survive and brought the both of you back to the surface. Still holding you close, you gasped for air before giving him a playful slap on his arm.

"What? I just wanted a hug!" Javier said, giving you an innocent look.

"Try not to almost drown me next time." You chuckled.

"Alright, mi amor." He smiled and kissed your temple before releasing you.

"I don't know about you, but I'm starving!" You then called out.

"Right there with you." Javier hummed.

"Last one at the shore is a tin of pomade!" You yelled before diving into the water.

Javier followed a second later and the two of you frantically began swimming to the other side of the pond.

"BOOM! You're a tin of pomade!" You laughed as you stepped onto the shore, followed by Javier.

"I'll take my loss even though you did have a little bit of a head start." Javier chuckled.

You grinned and wrapped an arm around his shoulder. "How about we are both a tin of pomade then?" You suggested which earned you a confused laugh from Javier.

"Why can't we both not be a tin of pomade?"

"Didn't think of that." You blinked.

Javier flashed you a smile and pulled you to the basket so the both of you could sit down. The hot sun already started tearing away at the water on your clothes but for now, it actually felt good to have the sun shine on you.

As the two of you ate together, Javier pulled you close before speaking. "You were right, this was worth it." He smiled a warm smile at you and you snuggled a little closer into his arms. The two of you had all day together at the pond and you could be damn well sure you were going to enjoy it.

- - - -

Any requests? I'd love to write 'em! ^^