𝕔𝕙𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕞𝕒𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕤

*this just a lil imagine with the fam

It was christmas eve at the Hargreeves' household, everyone was gathered in the living room as per Luthers request to spend "quality family time". The house was already haphazardly decorated with some old lights and tinsel and a once glorious tree sat in the corner looking rather deflated. So there sat the Hargreeves family in an awkward silence with christmas music softly playing off Luthers record player and the smell of freshly baked cookies polluted the air.

"So... um," started Luther "i figured we could... i dunno... watch a christmas movie or... something?"

"and why would we do that?" replied Diego, not looking up from his knives he was inspecting.

"because it's christmas and families spend time together on christmas."

"is that what we are?" Diego looked at Luther with a hint on amusement while everyone else inwardly groaned and rolled their eyes. 'Not again...' you thought but it was too late.

"oh you really want to go there.. because-" and suddenly the whole house was alive with the bickering of the two.

"i don't have time for this shit.." muttered an unimpressed five who promptly left without another word. The other siblings also began to dispatch to their previous activities, you going along with Ben and Klaus back to the kitchen where Grace had prepared an abundance of cookies.

"What a couple of douche bags, huh y/n?" commented Klaus as he jumped up to sit on the counter and proceed to stuff his face with cookies.

"i know, every time they argue it's like two seals screaming at each other." you sigh whilst dramatically falling back into a chair and grabbing a cooking off the table yourself. Ben chuckled and placed his book down a moment to take some also.

"Two brooding seals fighting over a fish." he added. Another silence collected to room, but this time it was comfortable. After a few moments, the silence was broken by a very grouchy Diego trudging down the stairs.

"oh well, look who's decided to join us! how'd the moodiness contest go?" Klaus smiled while lighting his cigarette.

"shut up." was his only response before grabbing a handful of cookies and leaving.

"tsk, must've lost.."

"ugh, this is so sad. we really should be doing something festive whether it's as a whole family or not." you suddenly burst, i mean... here you were with your favourite people in the world at christmas sitting in a basement doing nothing... like how pathetic.

"isn't this festive enough?" Klaus asked gesturing to the cookies making you roll your eyes.

"absolutely not, have you even gone shopping?"

"for what?"

"christmas presents dummy," pipped up Ben "and y/n's right, we gotta do something, i think shopping is a great idea." he smiles and stands.

"then it's settled, i'll go ask some of the others if they wanna come." you and ben move to go up the stairs leaving behind an agitated Klaus.

+time skip brought to you by Diego dancing+

So Five was the only one who agreed to come along, or maybe he didn't but you dragged him out anyway... either way, you were all out walking around in the light of the late afternoon window shopping.

"oo! this shop looks good!" your eyes gleam in the bright lights of the extravagant shop that was basically overflowing with decorations, merchandise and customers.

"no." Five glowered sinisterly but no one took any notice and strolled into the bustle making him groan and stomp after them.

"aww, he's so grumpy. must be past his bed time, huh?" mocked Klaus while bending down to his brothers height, making Five kick him in the shin in return. Hard.

"ARGH! you little shit! that hurt!" whines Klaus loudly making passerby's stare with judgement.

"Would you two stop acting like children and just look around? We don't have much daylight left." you giggled at Ben's scolding mother-like tone and continue to delve into the shop. After a few more minutes of wandering while faintly hearing the boys squabbling in the background, you made your way towards the sounds of their voices. You'd managed to picked up somethings for Allison, Vanya, Ben, Diego and Klaus; even some things for yourself. Hearing the familiar voice get louder, you turn the corner to the next isle and you're met with a stampede of screaming children.

"what the f-" you were cut off by none other than Klaus dressed in a shitty santa costume chasing after them on his hands and knees. He stops right at your feet and slowly looks up to your face before flashing a wide grin.

"Having fun?"

"oh yeahh, heaps. yup, really gotten into the holiday spirit now." he shoots up and now your looking up to him.

"Got any presents?"

"Course i do, i'm santa!" he exclaims with his arms wide but you just facepalm. Ben and Five round the next corner with their arms full looking puzzled at Klaus.

"And where the fuck were you two? You were supposed to be responsible for him and you left!" you complain.

"So did you."

"Yeah, but you were still there to watch him when i did!"

"This is pointless, let's just leave this intolerable hellhole already." grumbled Five who barged past us towards the check out.

+another time skip brought to you by five slow dancing with delores+

After that fiasco you finally arrived home, wrapped your presents, changed into comfy pj  and were now sat in front of the fire with everyone, all siping a hot chocolate made by Grace; with the exception of five who had coffee. It was still silent but this time it was warm, the sourness of the last gathering forgotten. The dark room was illuminated by the large fire and soft christmas lights, music still played in the background and the crackling of the fire and occasional slurp of a beverage was all that was heard in the house. The grandfather clock chimed loudly telling it was midnight.

"Well, merry christmas guys." Allison said softly, looking away from the fire to our faces.

"Merry christmas."

::::

nuuuuu i fucking hate the ending but fuck it i need to upload...
so merry christmas guys!! hope you're having a fine holiday, i also uploaded another chapter on my other book that i rlly like so please check it out if you want 🤷‍♀️
so yea, happy holidays and request :p
-g.