She's Gone

(Akechi x OC)

Heartbroken!Ryuji - Falling

THE FILE HAS BECOME CORRUPTED. INITIATING BACKUP SAVE...
...THE BACKUP SAVE REQUESTED CANNOT BE FOUND. WOULD YOU LIKE TO DELETE THE CORRUPTED FILE AND LOAD A SIMILAR TIMELINE?
>Yes
DELETING CORRUPTED FILE... ...LOADING TIMELINE... ...LOAD COMPLETE.

-Timeline unknown-

-???, After School-

"So... Y-you're okay with me calling you Goro...?"

Akechi smiled warmly, disguised in clothes that don't give him away as the beloved 'detective prince', replying "Of course, Melody! You're a very lovely lady, and I'd enjoy being on a first-name basis if that's what you wish"

Melody let out an innocent laugh, with a smile of her own "Then... I'd be happy to call you by your first name, Goro!"

His cheeks were tinted a soft pink "It sounds so natural when you say my name... I must say, it's adorable"

"R-really...?"

Melody's face lit up with blush, which she seemed to think wasn't noticeable. Akechi only placed his hand on her chin. With his eyes looking longingly into hers, he softly chuckled.

"You're very prone to getting flustered, Melody-chan..." he paused and looked away briefly "You know, I wanted to tell you something..."

"What's up?" she asked, seemingly oblivious to his comment.

Her innocent views about the world around her... The joy she seems to emanate wherever she goes... Her contagious smile... Those things could make anyone fall in love with her. And, unfortunately...

"Every time I'm around you, I get a certain feeling in my heart that I've sworn to lock away and never embrace..." Akechi gently held her hands in his "But you... Every time I get that feeling when I'm with you and suppress it again, I feel empty... I used to fill that emptiness with praise from the masses, but... After I met you, no matter how I try, I can't fill it up again..."

Melody looked down at their hands, then up at him "G-Goro, are you saying...?"

"Yes...! Er... Melody, I... I'm in love with you. It's a feeling I thought I'd never feel... But, time after time, I feel it when I see you... When I'm with you... Please, tell me... Are these feelings irrational? Or... Are they returned?"

"Oh my god... Goro..." tears welled up in her eyes "Goro... I..."

Even with the tears in her eyes, Melody smiled and looked at him with elation. Feeling a rush of excitement, she pulled the detective into a passion-filled kiss. No thought, only driven by the feeling of love she now knew was returned by the man in front of her. She felt him stiffen up, but then melt into the kiss. It felt like a weight had been lifted off both her and Akechi's shoulders. She could slightly taste a hint of maple syrup on his soft lips. Realizing how long she was on him, Melody pulled back.

"I-I'm sorry... That was really sudden..." she apologized with reddened cheeks.

Akechi only chuckled and planted a kiss on her nose, replying "Maybe... But I enjoyed it nonetheless, Melody"

"Y-you did?!"

He nodded "Of course. I'll be honest, I never thought I'd ever kiss a girl..."

"Well... You just did!" Melody beamed with tiny laugh.

Pulling her close, Akechi held her close and grinned flirtatiously "And I'll do it again and again..."

This time, he leaned down and kissed Melody tenderly. Their lips interlocked perfectly together, and even if the kiss was soft, they both could feel how strongly the other wanted this. To be together, to love one another.

During these events, at the back of the station and out of view stood a heartbroken and distraught Ryuji. He was too late. Just a little too late, and now her heart belongs to somebody else. But not just anybody else, Goro Akechi of all people. He wouldn't be as upset if it was maybe Akira or Yusuke, but why Akechi? They were nothing alike!

Ryuji stood there, taking in what was happening, before he felt tears welling up in his eyes. He fell in love, and he fell hard. Hard enough for it to hurt when she goes for somebody else. The many emotions inside him churned and mixed together until what he felt was unable to be put into words. He pressed his back against a nearby pillar as his tears fell endlessly. He'd never admit it to anyone, but the sounds he made during his sobs could only be described as whimpers. He heard footsteps coming closer to him, and with them he heard a voice so sweet, yet it was so painful to hear.

"Ryuji...? Ryuji, are you alright?"

It was Melody. He had hoped Melody wouldn't notice him here, but here she is. He knew she could see his tear stained cheeks, and that fact made this conversation much more agonizing. But, no matter how much he wanted to lie and say 'I'm fine', he knew she'd pry the truth out of him.

His voice started off quiet, but escalated into an irritated growl "...N-no... No, I'm not! I'm not okay at all!"

She flinched at his tone, but attempted to reach out "Do you... Want to talk about it?"

"Oh like you'd want to talk after hearing about me being Shujin's 'Track Traitor' anyway!" Ryuji hissed.

"Track traitor? What are you... What's going on with you?!"

"Why would you ever stick around a punk like me?! I don't need any goddamn pity! Especially not from a traitor like you!"

"Ryuji, that's not...!"

"Just go be happy with that goody-two-shoes detective bastard and leave me alone!" he shouted, swiftly turning and bolting in the opposite direction.

Once he was far enough from Melody, Ryuji's tears continued to fall. He knows now for sure she'd never want to see him again, no matter how close they were before this. What did he do wrong? Ryuji loved Melody, but he took that for granted and didn't act upon his feelings. And now it's too late. Even if he and the Phantom Thieves reformed society, she'd still be the only one whose heart he couldn't steal.