A Good Guy

After conversing with Vince the yesterday and telling him how he actually feels, took the weight off of his shoulders. Luca loved talking to Vince yesterday, especially since before, their other conversations were mostly one sided and unfavorable.

Luca felt good that he finally said what he needed to say to Vince, he didn't struggle with going to sleep either.

Vince, on the other hand, still struggled. Yes he got what he wished for; Luca doesn't hate him, but that doesn't take his worries away. So, he did what he knew would make things 'easier'....

___________________________________

That night Vince felt alone, more than ever and he just couldn't figure out why. Oh yeah, he doesn't have Luca.

He said he wouldn't drink, he promised his mother before she left, but he needed one. Just one. He needed to take some, just some, of the burden off. The burden of not having what he needs.

Vince went out and bought more whiskey, he was never a heavy drinker. Once he arrived back home, Vince opened up the new bottle, poured himself a glass and let his worries wash away.

Vince sat down on the lower step of his stairs, still in his work clothes, glass in hand and only had one glass of the booze that he had grown accustom to. He sat and thought. Thought about his grief, his heartache, Luca's pain, Luca's tears, Luca's life.

Vince loved him like he's never loved someone before and feeling such sorrow is a heavy price to pay but he'll go in debt if it has to come to that.

___________________________________

Another day, another reason to smile, for Luca anyways. He woke up feeling slightly refreshed, he still isn't a morning person, and did his usual routine. This morning Aiden had informed Luca that it was his day off after Luca has caught Aiden eating his favorite cereal. Luca was off to work, well not before he playfully scolded Aiden for eating all of his cereal.

Luca caught a cab and arrived at the company building in less then thirty minutes and as he got out of the cab he saw Nole walk in. It was slightly strange to see Nole arrive just minutes before him since Nole is usually there before Luca.

Luca walked in the building and Nole was surprisingly waiting for him. Luca was startled to say the least and yelped in surprise,

"Nole," Luca whined, "Warnings please." Luca says as he starts walking again.

Nole strolled along side him, his hands in his pockets, "Sorry about that, pretty face, didn't mean to scare you."

They reached the elevator and got in, "Its fine. Are you following me to keep me company or just to be weird?" Luca anticipates as the elevator doors close and they start going up.

"I can't keep my teddy bear company?" Nole insinuated.

"Of course you can, my days usually start with you so it would weird if you didn't. I like seeing you when I get here, it shows me you care about me and I think it's sweet." Luca chirped, smiling up at Nole brightly.

"I like seeing you in the mornings too, teddy bear. You always seem to make my mornings with that radiant smile of yours." Nole grinned down at his secret love interest and only hoped to be his. Nole's smile only grows the longer he looks at Luca's beautiful face.

"Thank you, Everest." Luca remembers the nickname he gave Nole and Nole couldn't be happier.

"Hey! You remembered!" Nole expressed in joy.

"Of course I did. How could I ever forget?"

Nole was about to speak but the elevator doors opened and there stood Vince, he looked like he was in a rush.