.VI

School had ended, Ryoji and [Y/N] seemed to be the only ones walking home early. The rest of the Nakashima brothers had club activities or extra work...

Ryoji walked with his hands behind his head, he had noticed [Y/N]'s distant looks to the scenery around them. "Is this your first time visiting Yamataba, [Y/N]...?" He genuinely seemed curious.

[Y/N] thinks for a moment, her index finger lightly touched her chin. "Yes... Um maybe...?" He chuckled at her vague response. "You don't seem quite sure." She looked surprised hearing that, "well... I was just thinking. I suppose it has to be." she continued, "I cannot remember ever leaving my previous town. I never had the money or the transportation to visit anywhere too far from home..."

Ryoji gave [Y/N] a sincere look and asked, "um... [Y/N]...? were you lonely?" She stares for a moment, they both fall silent.

"I remember you telling us... it was just you and your father." the [E/C] eyed girl blinked, "do I seem lonely...?" She softly asked, they both stood soundless. Ryoji spoke up. "Can I admit something [Y/N]?" She nodded...

"I feel guilty." The girl opposite him let out a small "what?" His cheerful smile vanished as he talked. "[Y/N], you are kind... kinder than you realise. And kinder than you should be to us." She hesitantly asks, "what do you mean?"

Ryoji sharply inhaled, he seemed distressed "Your mom, Narumi. She completely left you for us... don't you hate us...?" He quickly added "I know I would. If I were you [Y/N]." [Y/N]'s Heart seemed to sink again upon hearing about her mother and how she ghosted her and her dad...

She responded calmly however. And even smiled. "Ryoji." He finally looked her in the eyes, "I'm not lonely." She shook her head, "not anymore." The sun behind them shined orange and the light reflected in [Y/N]'s eyes. "And I don't hate you or your brothers. Far from that actually."

She smiled to herself. "I'm going to be there, for all of you. I want to have fun and laugh with you all." She chuckled embarrassed, "There's nothing else in the world I want more than for us to be like family."

Even after her confession, Ryoji didn't seem to believe her. "I'm afraid, that isn't going to happen..." he shook his head. [Y/N] patted his shoulder and walked by. "I want to at least try."

Her [H/C] ends swiftly followed her head as she started to walk further ahead from Ryoji to get a better view as the crossed the bridge to get home...

Ryoji stood dumbfounded himself... he held his hand over his mouth, he let out short chuckles. He twitched. And eventually started bursting out with laughter, [Y/N] didn't seem to notice.

Ryoji lifted his head looking towards [Y/N]'s expression, "oh no... I've seriously fallen bad this time." He smiled intensely, Ryoji started to look at [Y/N] differently with blush on his nose.

"[Y/N]~ wait for me~" He gleefully reached for her hand as he approached her. However her attention was caught, resulting in her hand to be tucked back.

A black car pulled up next to them, perfectly cutting off Ryoji. The dark obsidian widow rolled down revealing the driver. "Care for a ride home?" Satoru smiles. [Y/N] gleamed. "Woah, Satoru? You are full of surprises...!" She seemed impressed by his car. Ryoji stares at Satoru intensely, like he was burning through his skull.

However Satoru ignored his little brother, continuing to charmingly smile to [Y/N]. "I'll drive you guys home, common get in." [Y/N] attempted to open the back door. Satoru seemed to directly look at Ryoji and spoke, "[Y/N] come sit at the front with me. You are older than Ryoji after all. It's common privileges." She gasped "oh right! of course."