«Prologue»

Once there was a time in Angron where everyone lived together as peacefully as demons could. There were common fights, but nothing severe. There were criminals, but nothing severe. There were deaths, but nothing severe.

Until one day, a rebellion formed.

This rebellion didn't like the rules and laws given across Angron, and vowed to build their own empire to take down the King. Once the king found out of this rebellion, he was put under tight security from many different races of demons, including electric ones.

Almost every electric demon was a part of the rebellion due to the discrimination against their race, but no one else outside of the rebels was aware of that. The King wasn't aware of it.

Months, and even years of planning, the rebellion was finally ready to put their plans into action, and so with the inside help, they killed the King.

This caused all of Angron to fall into civil war. Death was happening left, right, and centre. Blood covered the streets, demons fled from their homes and feared for their lives, and most demons went into hiding.

The rebellion didn't back down from their government. The King hadn't had any children, so who was put into leadership was one demon, a powerful demon, and his name was Azidhal.

Azidhal took his duties seriously, and made sure that anyone that was a part of the rebellion fell to the ash, dead.

It wasn't until the rebellion began to fall that the leaders of it, a hypnosis demon by the name of Wilford, a winged electric demon called Paralyze, and a light demon by the name of Deathwiish surrendered the rest of their army.

Azidhal interrogated the three, turning to anything and everything that would make them talk. Wilford took the torture, but refused to say anything. Deathwiish blamed the other two for everything, and lied. Paralyze managed to break free from her prison, and fled into hiding.

Azidhal was furious at the escape, and sentenced the other two to a burning.

Deathwiish and Wilford were tied to stakes, given their last words.

"You cannot defeat what isn't there."

And then slowly, the flames licked at their feet, and Fire demons around carefully let the flames up, and up.

Both were engulfed in flames, but once the fire cleared, only one crisped body remained. Wilford was nowhere to be seen.

This only enraged Azidhal even further, and he created a new law. Hypnosis demons were already very rare to be born, so he made nothing against them, but he created a law that said that all electric demons to be born will be immediately killed off, and any that are already alive face a burning.

Once the electric demons found out about this, whether they were a part of the rebellion or not, went into hiding. Hundreds were found, and thousands were killed within weeks. Paralyze, knowing how much danger she was in, hid her identity as a light demon. She never used her powers, and did work and practice to make sure she couldn't reveal herself. She wore a mask, common apparel in Angron, to hide her face.

She met another winged demon, but he was a creation demon. He won her heart by creating life with his power, making flowers, trees, and other greenery for her. Paralyze always admired any life that grew and thrived in the ashy wasteland of Angron, and made sure to care for it when she could. It had been one of her favourite parts of being in the rebellion because they got to move from place to place. He made her her own garden that she tended to. He gave her a safe space, and gave her a chance at a new life.

They were wed, and had a child.

At first, Paralyze's husband was anxious about their child since he was born an electric demon, but Paralyze convinced him to let him live.

They watched their child thrive and grow, but once he was old enough to leave the house and start his own life, Paralyze suddenly disappeared without a trace, and her husband was killed by the government.

Their son chose his own path, seemingly unaffected by the events of his parents, and he found a family. A very large family. A very dangerous family.

As for Wilford, no one ever found him, but he kept committing crime after crime, and didn't care how far he went with them. He'd kill other demons, torture them, and mess with them. Wilford was never too careful about being spotted, for he had made several headlines of his last known whereabouts, and a high bounty was on his head, for that's what the new King wanted.

Wilford was sneaky, sly, and could escape the grasp of anyone and everyone when he wanted to. He wanted Angron to know who he was, and where he was, because he knew he'd be able to escape.

His actions were influenced by a whole family. This family was just like Wilford, they were able to evade the public eye, whilst doing terrible things to other demons.

Most members of the family were emotionless, they couldn't feel any sympathy or fear or hurt. They all carried on their "traditions" and ways through their generations, and by the end of their lives, they'd have committed at least 100 crimes and atrocities.

The family started to have less and less offspring, however, because their family was getting too large. They didn't want to risk discovery, and one day, assassins found them.

There was one demon left of the family, and he carried on his family's ways solo.

He'd been made a target by the association that had assassinated his family, but despite being one of the highest priorities, he was never killed. Instead, the tables turned, and the assassins were the ones to die.

So the underworld lives in fear, agony, anger, or isolation. And with the way things are going, there's nothing that will ever change that.