«Chapter Three»

I came up with the conclusion that Azura's special ability must be some kind of mind reading ability, or else she lied and I really did think out loud. I do that occasionally.

Every demon has some sort of quirk or, as they're more commonly called "special abilities." Some of us don't develop them until late into our lives, and some of us develop them straight away. Mine took forever to develop, and even then, it is pretty much useless. My ability is Clairvoyance, or basically the ability to see future events before they happen. Well, I've hardly ever been able to tell a future event before it happens, and when I did, it was simply something small like what kind of ashy mush would be served in the cafeteria that night.

Though since I've developed my ability, some senses like sight and hearing have become drastically more powerful in me, so there is a plus side to the damn thing being broken.

Anyway, I don't have much time to think about that right now anyway. After a lot of thinking, I decided that it wouldn't hurt to pay Severin and the Council a visit. I mean, all they'll do if they can't help me is just tell me to leave, so what harm can it do? At this point, I have really no other option, and make my way there.

No other demon has ever really payed me any mind. The only reason anyone knows who I am here is because of my accomplishments on missions. I've successfully completed hundreds in the time I've been here (about 9 years), I've made enemies within the facility that I've taught to never stand up to me alone or with small numbers, and I'm one of the few electric demons here, so that also makes me stand out a little.

The reason I bring that up is because as I walk to the main office of the A.O.A., literally every other demon I pass seems to want to talk to me. I have no idea what I did to suddenly attract this amount of popularity, or what makes these demons think they're safe to approach me without reason, but I do know one thing: I'm about to lose my mind.

Demons call my name, they wave at me, some smile, some walk to me at an attempt at conversation... I just walk faster, having no idea what is happening, but knowing that I need to get to Severin's office as soon as possible.

I turn each corner, but every time it is just an identical hall like the one I just passed. What the hell is happening?

I start to run, covering the hallways easier, but also just reaching its twin faster. I stop in my tracks as I realize what is going on. I close my eyes, clear my head, and take a deep breath. I open my eyes again and grab my knife from its scabbard, pressing it to my palm and dragging it down. As the blue-red blood trickles down my hand and drips to the floor, suddenly everything makes sense again. The demons walking the halls pay me no mind (except for a few who give me a strange look), just trying to get to their destination, and the hallway I'm in looks nothing like the barren walled, clean floored room like the one before.

I look around for the demon responsible for my insanity, and find exactly who I'm looking for.

As I approach the frost demon, I realize he didn't act alone. A creation demon with dark green hair snickers along with him, the two huddled together and acting like I don't see them.

I grab them both by the scruffs of their shirts, and hold them up so they can't reach the floor. They both gasp as soon as I have a hold, and look terrified as I look them in the eyes.

"Which of you is the one that put me through that hellscape?" I growl at them, watching them exchange glances before the frost demon crosses his arms.

"It's called a pocket dimension. Unfortunately, you seemed experienced with how to escape them so that kind of ruined it." He says matter-of-factly. I already hate this kid.

I bring him closer to me. "If I ever go through your little "playhouse" again, I'll make sure you'll never be able to do anything to anyone ever again, do I make myself clear?"

Both of the young demons swallow the lumps in their throats and nod. I drop them, not caring if they get hurt or not, and turn to walk away when one of them stops me.

"Wait a minute!" He shouts. I turn back around to face the creation demon, and he just looks up at me for a moment before drawing his attention to my hand, which still bleeds.

"What do you want?" I narrow my eyes at him, and he holds out his hand.

"I can heal that for you." He says. I give him and the frost demon now beside him again skeptical looks.

"Uh, yeah, no. I think I'll pass, thanks." I go to turn around, but as I try to leave again, the creation demon grabs my hand. His grip isn't too tight, it's gentle enough that I could easily escape it if I wanted to, but I don't. Some part of me wants to hold on.

The creation demon takes my hand in both of his, then closes his eyes. His hair starts to glow a softer shade of green, and the ends start to float and swirl in the air. My breathing slows and my hand where the laceration is tingles. The world around me seems to freeze, but also feel calm, like the entire universe is at peace. The moment only lasts several seconds, but it feels like hours. Hours of tranquility.

It all stops as soon as the creation demon opens his eyes and releases my hand, his hair falling back into its spiky mess, and the glow fading away.

"There you go," he smiles. "All better."

I grow slightly confused at his words and tilt my head, until I look back at my hand. The blood and cut are completely gone, no smears or even a scar left behind.

I examine my hand, astonished that this kid demon is so powerful and experienced with his ability. I don't even notice at first that the two were leaving, but when I do, I see green blood running down the side of the creation demons hand.