Demon!Tanjiro x Reader 🍡

[requested]
It was a very cold night, snow covering the floor like a thick blanket. Y/N had to go to their local butcher to pick up a few cuts of beef for her mother to make. She had a very close family, two brothers who she'd do anything for, a caring mother and a hardworking father. One night she had to run down to the town to pick up a medicine for her youngest brother and ever since that day she's always felt something watching her. It never felt menacing but she swore she'd see something in the corner of her eyes but nothing was ever there when she'd look. It's been about two days since she felt that presence, it was strangely lonely.

"Oh y/n sweetheart! Do you think you'd be able to run down to Karasi's house to pick up the vegetables she wants to give us?"

"Oi oi oi! There's no way in hell I'm gonna let my baby sister go to a creepy old ladies house this late, have you not been hearing the rumors of people going missing at night? Some even say they've found body parts."

"HEY! Don't say such things in front of Hichou!" Our mother scolded him, "besides those are just rumors and she's a strong girl."

"Exactly, plus I'm only a year younger than you what's the big deal."

"Tch. I still don't like that old lady." He dropped his back, his deep violet hair bouncing along with his movements.

I rolled my eyes and headed out. In truth the rumors did scare me, but fear wouldn't get you anywhere in life. I still had to do what I needed to for myself and my family. I was a few houses down from old lady Karasi when I began to feel like I was being watched. This time it felt different, it felt intense, almost as if they wanted to be caught. I ignored it and picked up the vegetables thanking the little old lady and heading back home. There it was again, the presence, the staring but it felt closer, too close. I tried to walk faster but it matched me in a perfect pace. The rumors filled me head and I lost sense of where I was stepping and ended up tripping over an abandoned wagon. Weirdly enough I didn't get hurt, in fact I never even fell to the ground like I prepared for. I opened one eye and saw the vegetables everywhere, I was also almost horizontal to the ground but I never touched it. I then felt what seemed like arms underneath me I looked to the side and saw a boy with red hair and deep red eyes. His pupils looked almost like a feral cats. He had a weird mark on his forehead and wore earrings with a sunflower pattern. I would be lying if I said he wasn't mysteriously beautiful.

"A-are you okay?" He asked one a voice that sounded almost too genuine for anyone to have.

"Oh, um yeah I guess I wasn't watching where I was going." He didn't reply, instead he was just...staring. "Uh...thanks for catching me."

"Huh? OH right of course, you shouldn't be getting hurt in places like this!"

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well people have been going missing, you have to be careful."

"Oh the rumors-"

"They aren't rumors. It's true, and it's not by chance either, they're being taken by demons, human eating demons." The story sounded so absurd yet there wasn't even a hint of falsehood coming from this boys mouth.

"D-demons? Who eat humans?"

"Yes. My sister and I are on a lookout for the demon that murdered our family." There was the slightest tint of anger in his eyes.

"I'm sorry to hear that, but how will you defeat a demon?"

"Well my sister has found a person to train her in what they call breathing techniques, and if you can master it you'll get a special sword that'll kill a demon if they're decapitated."

"I see....but what about you? Are you also learning?"

"I would but, I can't..."

"And why's that?" He got quiet and just looked to the side avoiding eye contact for the first time.

"Demons are horrible beings, feeding off human flesh. But they were human once too and some have even learned to tame their hunger. Would you be scared of me, if I said I too was a demon." He slowly looked back at me and that's when I finally noticed the fangs and the sharp nails

"Are you gonna eat me?" His eyes widened and he got surprisingly loud

"N-NO NEVER! I COULD NEVER EVER IMAGINE EATING A HUMAN. ID RATHER DIE. PLUS ID NEVER EAT A CUTE GIRL LIKE YOU!" He paused and his face became as red as his eyes, "a-Ah w-w-wait that's not what I meant!"

"Oh? So either you think I'm cute or ugly, which is it?" I teased him a bit

"Y-You're c-cute.." he blushed more and covered his face with his arms. My eyes widened at the sudden compliment and I began to blush as well.

"O-oh th-thank you...y-you're kinda cute too..in an 'I just met you' kind of way.."

"AH really?" His eyes lit up and you could almost get lost in them, "I hope you dont take this weird, but IVE been watching you for a while, only because as a human my sense of smell was pretty good but now as a demon I've gotten good at sniffing out strong humans, so I followed your scent and I may have lingered around a while bc you were very beautiful." He smiled blushing. His sweet innocence and pure self almost made my heart burst completely. How can someone like this exist.

"So YOU were the one I was feeling staring at me for the past week!"

"Sorry, it must've made you feel uneasy."

"Not at all actually, it never felt evil or menacing."

"OH GOOD! I'm still sorry it took me this long to show myself, just demons canT really be in the sun without risking death and overall I was just too shy.." he looked down poking his fingers together. I smiled at him, he really was cute.

A few months went by and we met up everyday at night while his sister was still busy training. I helped him with his own training and raising his resistance to human blood. As the time went on I started developing a slight crush..or well a huge crush on him. He was so full sunshine and kindness, his aura felt so warm and welcoming but also strong. One day instead of the usual training sight we met atop a mountain, the view was so beautiful and the sky was so clear that night. Tanjirou was quiet, but in a weird way. He barely faced me and he stuttered a lot that night then he finally turned to me grabbing my hands, his cheeks red as tomatoes.

"Y/n!"

"Y-yes tanjirou?" I began to blush, his face was too close and I felt like the air was getting thinner.

"I...I really like you..a lot. I want to protect you and keep you safe. You're a very special person to me." His face was so serious yet so innocent and my face became as red as ever.

"T-tanjirou..." I looked into his eyes, the moonlight making them sparkle in the way that took my breath away each time, "I..I like you too. You're sweet, kind and the most genuine person I've ever met. You mean a lot to me as well."

His eyes lit up even more and he smiled chuckling a bit hugging me tightly. "As long as I live I'll never let anything hurt you as long as you promise to be only mine."

"I promise." Without warning he kissed my cheek, his face was beat red and his smile was wavy.

"I'll kiss you properly once I've introduced you to my sister! I'm sure she'll love you!"

I grabbed the cheek he kissed, frozen in awe and blushing harder than ever thought possible. He took me back home, I would get giddy and blushy every time I thought about tonight. I'll never leave your side Tanjirou. I thought to myself as I drifted off to sleep happy for the days to come.