-15-

Dhruv folds the letter and keeps it in his pocket. He picks up his guitar and makes his way out of the jam room.

"Abe ese kya hua?" Mukti asked as she watched his retreating figure. 

"Chord na Mukti, for what he has done, he deserves it very well!" Aliya said. 

"He is Dhruv, Aliya, a part of Fab 5" Mukti said. 

"No! Haven't you snapped out of fantasy land, yet?" ALiya retorted."He broke Fab 5 long back- not when he brought up the topic but, a long time back when he even thought about it!"

"You can give up on this Aliya, but I can't. Afterall, why won't you give up, didn't Harshad say that?"Mukti snapped. 

"What are you saying, Mukti! How can you, of all, compare me to bhai! Do you really think, after Dhruv, I am the one to break Fab 5 like Harshad?" Aliya questioned. 

"I didn't mean..." Mukti's voice shaked. Her mind was taking a toll and didn't mean what she said to Aliya, she lost her senses for a while. 

"Hold on to your horses, girls, please- don't stress this. We are all tensed and worn out. Don't add to the gaps unnecessarily." Cabir intervened.

"Give me a break Cabir, please- Now, Fab 5 feels unnecessary to me." Aliya said and walked out. 

Navya blinked her eyes towards Cabir and nodded towards him. As an outsider, she was the safest to go to Aliya and calm her down. 

"Manik beta, VP sir Fab 5 ko bula rahe he." a peon came in and diverted their attention. They turned towards eachother, right now, Fab 5 were not in a state to go together, but, they knew, three should be suffice seeing the situation they were in. 

"Lets go, guys." Manik initiated. 

----------

The trio knocked on the Principal's office door and awaited for the response. 

"Ah! Welcome Fab 5- my stars, my favorite students!"the Principal invited them in. "I am so proud of you guys, you may have irritated me the most in the presence of Nyonika, but todya, I am so glad to have never thrown you, gems, out of college."Fab 5 was bewildered by recieving so much appreciation and positive comments from the Principal. 

"What? Don't look at me like that! You guys do wonders on the stage and this magic has led you to heights, my children. The world famous band -- Stardust wants to sign a musical contract, an album, with you guys!"The Principal cheered. 

"What?" Cabir blurted at the new- found information. 

"You mean, Stardust- as in the group who Nyonika said would be doing an album with the Talent Hunt Winners" Manik asked doubtfully- he knew he had dragged this group in to bring Nyonika down but, he never had reached out to them. He had spread rumors but, made sure, they were no sources left afterwards. 

"Yes, the group that Nyonika had no contact to even when she promised the album to the winners. Oh, Fab 5! You guys, have made me proud today!" the Principal said ecstatically. "Here, take these contract papers along and carry your careers to heights."

Manik took the contract shakily, his intuitions told him that there was something fishy in this deal. He didn't like this sudden opportunity. 

"There is nothing behind it, Manik. It's all clear and genuine, son!" Mr. Malhotra's voice broke in his thoughts and dusted off any hints of doubt. Manik looked into his dad's eyes for a few minutes, and then, a small smile crept up his lips- he was there to protect him now, he knew. 

"Wait! Hold on Fab 5. Where are Dhruv and Aliya?"Mr. Malhotra inquired in a serious tone.

Manik stared at the floor knowing not what to respond. He had told his father regarding Nyonika and her games but, the impressions and divisions she created were not yet revealed. Mukti turned her gaze away from Mr. Malhotra, she didn't have the guts to disclose the childishness they still carried in their hearts. Cabir didn't knew how to phrase sentences as from his perspective everyone was lost in themselves. Seeing them all consumed in their thoughts, Mr. Malhotra rose his voice, "Answer me Fab 5?".  He wasn't oblivious to what was happening between them, he had already foreseen what might happen. 

"Aliya and Dhruv"Cabir decided to brave through the situation. He didn't want to drag this and he knew Mr. Malhotra, just being Mr. Malhotra, would have the power to clear everyone's head-off and as an outsider, it won't get muckier between Fab 5. 

"Yes, Cabir! Did they decide to not come or is Fab 5 deviating from the all for one and one for all situation here?" Mr. Malhotra hit the right nerve. The trio looked up at his inference and stared at him. 

"No one's deviating, sir" Dhruv's voice broke in the silent office. Manik, Cabir and Mukti turned their heads and looked with questioning eyes at Dhruv. They were astonished with the fact that out of all of them he was the one saying this. "I had an important call to make sir, for personal reasons and Aliya, she got under the weather so, she couldn't make it." he covered up. 

"I'll buy that one for now, Dhruv. But, now that you guys have such a big responsibility in hand and going forward with your music careers, take this as a friendly advice, never let you career overpower your friendship and let stubbornness and ego shadow yourselves. being true is of more worth than your voice and fame."

Fab 5 heard his words thoroughly and soaked in the advice. They bobbed their head like school-children and took the contract along with them. They walked into the jam room where Aliya already stood, they did know why and how. Ignoring the reasons and thankful that everyone was here, Cabir took a stand to end all of this big drama and end this show-biz with the Nyonika's departure. 

"Care to explain, Dhruv?"

-------------------------

Heya, 

How are we going? Is this a drag?? Let me know, truthfully! 

Love, 

HF