Flash

“I like chipotle,” Cameron said in a muffled tone as he munched aggressively on his fat burrito filled with junk.

                “Tell me,” I said picking at my salad bowl, I was too disgusted to eat anything seeing as he was chewing with his mouth wide open. “How is it that you still have abs when you can eat about three of those,” I said pointing at his meal.

                “I work out,” He said wiggling his eyebrows.

                I couldn’t help but get distracted as a figure walked into the busy fast food place. His tall, lean features were easily recognizable and I felt blood rush to my cheeks. Jasper Collins. One of the most popular guys in school who was not mean to me. He had beautiful blonde hair that fell over his face at both sides, his face was chiselled and his eyes were a screaming blue.

                Cameron rose an eyebrow once he saw me drooling over this one guy.

                “Does Audrey have a crush?” He asked dumb founded. “I didn’t think she had a heart!”

                “Oh shut it Cam,” I said throwing a piece of salad at him. He was acting like an embarrassing parent.

                “No seriously,” Cameron said. “Do you like him?” He asked. Once again blood rose to my cheeks and my mouth seemed to form a big smile on its own.

                “Well I guess your flaming cheeks give it away,” He said dubiously. I placed my cool palms on my cheeks to try and get my face to its normal position but Cameron’s silly kissy faces made me choke a piece of lettuce I was eating which made me splutter and hack; the whole scene just made Cam laugh more, which made me laugh more.

                “Go talk to him,” Cameron encouraged after our laughing fit was over.

                “No!” I said too loudly it sent about six pairs of eyes looking in our direction. “No,” I said a lot quieter this time. “Not happening,”

                “Why not?” He said as he started chomping on his last burrito.

                I sent a sideways glance at where Jasper was sitting, there he was basking in the company of his friends, he looked like the centre of the universe without even trying; he was too beautiful for words. He was even more beautiful than the young Leonardo DiCaprio.

                “Okay, I have a plan,” Cameron said moving his head further down so that his snapback was covering his eyes. He was wearing a snapback because he didn’t want to attract attention from the teenage girls, not that they came to eat at chipotle anyway.

 “Since you’re done eating, how about you go take your tray to the bin and when you walk back here you say hi,” He said making hand movements to elaborate on his famous plan. I wasn’t with it though, I was extremely shy when it came to Jasper but I mean what could go wrong? I tutored him in maths last semester and I felt there was a bit of a connection. I made a show of fixing my hair even though I knew it was lost cause. When I stood up to go for it, Cameron stopped me.

“Let’s do the stink test,” He said. I gave him a confused look and he gave an exasperated sigh.

                “Raise your arms up,” He said. I looked unsure at him but this was Cameron, I knew this was for a good cause. Let me rephrase that- I hoped this was for a good cause. I raised my arms up slowly and he sniffed my armpits! Ew!

                “Alright, that smells really good,” He said.

                “Oh thanks!” I replied brightly. “It’s rose and jasmine,”