When Times Were Simplier...

Valentine's Day was coming around, and so was Chara's blue mood. Asriel had left a month ago, and she was feeling as down as ever. It did bring her some joy that he was still thinking of her, and what she said to him, even if it did make her feel a little silly at times. But maybe it would turn out for the best. Too bad they didn't talk about it before; she would have, but it made her feel uncomfortable.

    Frisk took notice of this almost instantly asked her what was up. Chara didn't tell her, but she didn't need to for Frisk to catch on. Ever since Christmas, both Chara and Asriel had been acting differently. Sometimes Chara would go throughout the day with a smile on her face, and others, she'd simply lie on the couch or bed, picking at the fabric with an expression lost in thought. Something had happened between them that made them question things—things that come with friends that are a little to close to one another. She certainly felt that before, being best friends with Sans most of her life. She and Asriel were connected in a very special way that most people aren't. She understood more than Chara realized. Frisk hesitated, because she thought that maybe Chara wouldn't want anybody else to know about her troubles, but she decided to talk to Sans about it in a way than maybe wouldn't give it away.

    Sans and Frisk were both in bed, except Frisk wasn't tired. She had her back turned away from Sans, staring out over the edge of the bed, thinking about Chara's situation and how much her dear friend must hurt. Frisk wasn't one to be a drama queen, or cry whenever, but she did, for the most part, accept her hurt and pain, and accept that they're was something wrong, something that wasn't common for Chara. She liked pretending and forcing herself to forget, and Frisk was scared this would one day throw her over the edge. It hurt to see the people she cared about treating themselves like this.

    When Frisk finally looked up from the ground, she noticed a small light coming from behind her, reflecting onto the wall ahead of her. Confused, she turned around, and was startled to see two pale glowing irises staring right at her. "Sans, how long have you been awake?" she whispered aggressively, still shocked. Sans natural smile grew, and he closed his eyes, taking a deep, calm breath.

    "Actually, I just woke," he told me, opening his eyes back up.

    "Oh...is it something I did?" she asked shyly. Sans closed his eyes again, and his smile once again got bigger, but this time, in a more teasing manner, like her was already laughing to himself about what he was about to say.

    "Yeah, you haven't showered in a week, how do you expect me to stay asleep with that?" (A\N: I actually literally just took a shower before writing this, thank you very much).

    Frisk was confused for a split second before almost immediately catching on. She giggled. "Yeah, and how often do you bathe, Mr. Clean?" she playfully shot back.

    "A lot more ever since sleeping with you." Frisk dipped her head and blushed. He had got her. In truth, people may have wondered, but, to this day they've never actually been with each other like that, as long they've been together. Sans only meant that in a literal way, but knew what he was doing when he said it. Everything else was true though; Sans had started being more hygienic ever since living with her. Since Frisk always put her heart into appearing clean and neat, Sans felt it to only be fair in taking care of himself as well. Frisk told him it would make him feel better about himself and just life itself, but it just made Sans happy that she was happy with him. 

    "Nah, actually, I'm pretty sure it's just a reaction my mind has when somethings not right with you. What's up?" Sans queried. Frisk took a moment to respond.

    "Well...has Chara seemed weird to you?" Frisk finally asked. Sans furrowed his brows, not knowing exactly where she was getting at.

    "She...seems like Chara," he said.