1

Third POV

"The last thing I remember is that..."

"The brake isn't working."

-

Classical luxurious room, refreshing air, and a 12 years old girl lying on her bed with a complicated expression. She raise her hand as she look at it.

"I'm... done for. Being Calista.. there's no hope.." she said hopelessly. "Let alone hoping.. even creating a future is impossible.." she sighed. Tears seemed to be streaming down on her cheek. "Why.. why.. Me?"

She's grateful to be reincarnated into a beauty, Duke's daughter and all but...

"WHY CALISTA TERSOR!?" she shouted making the maids infront of her room surprised. While she's mourning for something stupid, she heard a knock on her door as she sit up from her bed.

"M-my Lady, c-can I enter?" a knock and a nerveous female voice was heard. Calista raised her eyebrow but notice that it's her maid.

"Come in." she called her in while looking at her door. The maid opened the door revealing herself. She is trembling and she looks very nervous.

"Ah, right... Calista always torture and bully her servants." she thought and sigh. She hope the maid wouldn't hate her too much.

"A-are-" before the maid could finish her lines, Calista beat her to it. "You can relax you know. I won't do anything." she smiled at her.

The maid widened her eyes in surprised. Well of course she would. She wouldn't thought that the 'Calista' she knows would smiled at her.

Calista walk towards her as she look at her. "And I'm sorry for everything I've done!" she suddenly bowed while apologising.

"M-my Lady!?" the maid panicked at her unfamiliar behaviour.

"I'm really am sorry." she apologised again. "Man.." she sighed as she thought, "Calista, this is your doing, why should I be doing it for you!?"

"I-it's alright M'lady!!! F-for a Duke's daughter to.." Calista smiled at her.

"Geez... We are same." Calista scratch the back of her head. "Just different status and dealing with different problems." she laughed awkwardly. Calista thought that if she can change her personality and attitude first, she might survive.

"A-alright then." she sigh of relief. "Are you ready?" she asked with a smile but Calista look at her confusedly, thinking what would she be ready about.

"Um.. ready for what..?" she asked confusedly while raising her brow.

"M-my Lady, today's the day your dream come true." she smiled.

"DON'T TELL ME MY REINCARNATION IS A MISTAKE AND I WILL BE REINCARNATED AS ANOTHER SIDE CHARACTER!?" she thought hopefully. "IT'S MY DREAM!" she smiled widely. Thinking that maybe this maid is sent by God to explain the reincarnation mistake.

"Tell me!" she said excitedly while hoping her imagination could come true.

"This is the day My Lady will got engage with the Crown Prince officially!" the moment the maid said that, Calista smile dropped. "You will go to the Palace!" she cheered while looking at Calista who seemed lost in her thoughts.

"ENgAgE WiTh tHe cRoWn pRiNcE OfFiCiAlLy!?" Calista thought like it's the end of the world. "How old.. I am?" she asked while pointing at herself.

The maid look at her confusedly. "Hm? You are 12 years old this year." she smiled at how weird her question was.

But for Calista, It's over. "It's aLl oVeR."

The maid smiled widely. "Let us go!" she cheered.

"...Yeah! Let's go!" she said halfheartedly with excitement while holding her tears.

-

The Palace is no different but it gives more luxurious aura. The throne that the Emperor sat on send shivers down Calista's spine. She look at him while thinking how should she greet him.

"Greetings, His Majesty. Path of the Eclat Empire." her parents greets the Emperor with an elegant bow. She look at them and try to follow how they greet him. "R-right!" she thought nerveously.

"Greetings, His Majesty. Path of the Eclat Empire." she greets the Emperor just how her parents did. Only she seems a little bit nerveous.

"It's been a while. Calista, this is about your engagement, so I better send you to meet him." the Emperor look at her with confidence all around him. "Guards, please show Calista Tresor the way to the Eclat Garden. The Crown Prince is probably there." the Emperor said and the guards behind her nodded.

"C-Crown Prince!?" she thought nerveously as she gulp.

"Greetings, His Majesty. Path of the Eclat Empire. I shall take my leave." she bowed as the Emperor nodded his head. Calista turned and start to walk towards the garden with the guards guiding her.

While on her way, she think about the novel circumstances. "The Emperor's personality from the novel is considered neutral and quite scary. He rarely smiled as described in the novel." she thought while remembering her meeting with the Emperor. "Well, throw the Emperor aside from now.." she sighed. "In the future... I will meet the Heroine and that's more troublesome."

"My Lady, we have arrived." the guard said showing her a beautiful garden that is filled with fresh flowers and a big water fountain not to mention the big tree that stand in the middle of the garden.

Calista was amazed by how big and beautiful the garden Palace.

"I can go on myself from here now. Thank you." she thanked the guards with a smile.

"It's a pleasure Lady Tresor. I shall take my leave now." He bowed as he turned his way and walk to the opposite direction.

"Now..." she thought, "I have to talk face to face with that troublesome prince." she sigh at the thoughts. "In the novel, they never showed how Calista and the Crown Prince met."

"Are you Calista Tresor?" a male voice called from behind her. She turned around to find a boy her age that has messy gray hair and light blue eyes with a fair complexion.

She blushed at how beautiful his blue eyes are and how handsome that kid is. But she shakes it off. "Wait.." she stopped for a moment as she look at him. "IT'S THE CROWN PRINCE!"

"Greetings, His Highness. Future Path of the Eclat Empire." she quickly bowed and greeted him as he just stare at her.

"So, you're my fiance." he said with a bored expression. "You look quite pathetic." he smirked afterwards.

"This guy!!!" she glared him. "PRINCE AXELION DE ECLAT!"

"You're the one who's pathetic!" she shouted with all her heart while pointing at him. Sure, the Crown Prince widened his eyes at how unladylike the girl in front of him was.

"Oh my..." she thought hopelessly while looking at him.