20

Third POV

Calista shivers at the thought of the man before that gives her a bad feeling. But decided to shakes the thoughts off as she walk towards the hall again and greeted the other guests.

"Calista!" Aliza greeted her and hug her. "It's been a while!" she smiled widely while looking at her.

Calista hugged her back. "It's been a while." they pulled off and look at each other. "But where's Vincent?" Calista asked and look around.

"Meh, he's somewhere here, still alive." she shrugged as Calista just laugh awkwardly at her statement.

They chatted for a while and talking about the school years they spent with each other. It was such a good time.

-

"Lance!" Calista greeted him as she spotted him. She waved towards him as Lance wave her back. "How's knights work?" she asked with a wide smile.

"It's going fine." he replied with a smile. Then, he notice Calista's ring on her ring finger. His eyes widen a little as he look at her. "...that's a lovely ring." he smiled while pointing at her ring.

Calista widened her eyes. "Ah! This?" she smiled widely. "Axel gave it to me!" she cheered happily as Lance went silent.

He seems a little sad about something but decided to shakes it off. "...that's good." he said, sounding a bit forced.

"Are you alright?" Calista asked worriedly at his sudden change of mood.

He walk closer to her as he held her hands. Calista notice his sudden change of mood yet again and look at him questioningly.

"Let me stay by your side." he said loud and clear making Calista's eyes widened in surprised. "...even just for a moment." he continued as Calista is loss for words.

"I..." before she could answer anything, a familiar voice beat her.

"Lance." they look towards the figure turned out to be Nathan. Nathan walk towards them as he separate both of them. Nathan smiled at Calista. "Lady Tresor, I'm sorry but I need Lance presence. Is that alright?" he asked politely.

"Ah.. sure." she replied with a smile.

Nathan glance at Lance. "Follow me." he said as Lance nodded hesitantly. They walk far enough from Calista as Nathan sighed and face him. "Lance, you know that she's the Crown Prince fiancee. And our master. There is no question if she becomes our mistress. His highness trusted you, so I hope you won't break his trust by acting as you please." Nathan explained with a crossed arms as Lance lower his head.

"...But you liked her too, right?" Lance bluntly asked as Nathan's eyes widened in surprised and his face redden.

"...E-even if I do or do not, we should remember our place."

-

Calista eyes widened at the bouquet of flowers Axel give her. "Here." he said with a blush as Calista receive it.

"Whoa! It's pretty! Thank you!" Calista thanked him with a broad grin. She also feel happy that he went all the way here only to give her some flowers. "But... why are you here?" she asked while looking at him questioningly.

Axel scratch the back of his neck. "Are you dense or what." he asked as she avoid eyes contact.

"...um.. what?"

"It's a date!"

Calista look at him with wide eyes. "I see.. so that's why Brandon didn't come today!" she said making Axel facepalm. "Then, where are we going for our date!?" she asked excitedly.

"...there's a good story and it's my favourite theatre." he said while scratching the back of his head shyly.

Calista blinked at him and remembering his words about 5 years ago.

"What? Theatre!? Hah! It's lame, acting inside a story, not so original."

Calista chuckled. "Hoho~ what makes you want to watch the theatre so bad~?" she asked sheepishly.

Axel narrowed his eyes. "Listen, no questions. I'm just going to take you there and we're going to watch the show together."

Calista laugh as she look at him. "Alright then Mr. With No Questions."

-

Calista opened her eyes as she get up and stretch her hands. She yawned as she rub her eyes tiredly. "Yesterday was such a good date." she thought and shakes her head. "Yesterday is really tiring." she said lazily while looking at the ceiling. She blushed warmly and rolled from side to side happily.

She prepared herself as she went downstairs and look around. The mansion is quite busy.

"Anne, is there something going on?" she asked while looking at Anne.

"Ah Milady, you didn't know? The Duchess seems to like a bread from a certain bakery." she explained.

"Mother is?"

"Yes." Anne smiled.

"Then, what's all the fuss?" she looked around.

"Well, your father bought the whole bakery and asked some of them to-" before Anne could finish her lines, Calista beat her to it.

"Then there's so much food at the kitchen!??" she asked determined as her eyes lit up.

"Um.. Lady Calista, I think that's not what Anne meant." Brandon said awkwardly.

"Let's go!" she suddenly pull Brandon's hand making him surprised as she run towards the kitchen. "Let's eat a lot this morning!" she cheered excitedly.

As soon as she arrived, she slowly open the door only to be greeted by unfamiliar yet familiar figure. Her eyes widened in surprised as soon as she encounters the figure.

"What is..." she narrowed her eyes. "Catherine Foster... The Heroine of the novel doing here?"

-

Axel check all the documents as he heard a knock on his office door. He said whoever knocks to come in as Nathan entered the room.

"What is it Nathan?" he asked, didn't bother to look at Nathan.

"Your highness, I did what you told me and investigate." he said as Axel nodded.

"...It seems that Viscount Darinne is really planning something." he said as Axel lift his head and look at him, signing him to continue. "And... He was there at your celebration." the moment Nathan said that, Axle's eyes widened.

"...what?"

Nathan sigh as he walk towards Axel and give him some papers and data. "The information I gathered is that his motive is to the Empire. But it will get a long time and process." he explained as Axel read all of it.

His eyes widened. "What the heck..." he clench his fist as he look at it. "With this plan?" he grit his teeth as he look at the papers. "That Viscount bastard..."

"What actions should we take, your highness?"

"....It would be best if we could kill him right away." Axel sighed and run his hand through his hair. "But we can't." he narrowed his eyes. "...It seems we have to take a difficult plan to lure him out."