DECODING THE SUSPENSE - Part 01

Rohit . .  meri kasam hai .... She looked at him.

He choked. His heart was beating really fast as he fearfully looked into her eyes.

She could feel the panic. She knew his heart was creating havoc. This had happened earlier when she was taken to the police station for investigation. It was repeating . . It was the same expression he had when he so desperately didn't want to lose her . What was going on with him and this Pooja adoption?

Suddenly it dawned on Sonakshi that this was way deeper than she assumed or rather understood. Rohit was suffocating internally . Why was he not able to open up ? It was almost like he wanted to pour his heart out but something was holding him back. Was it that he didn't trust her anymore after she broke her promise to him or was it something more than that .

At this point as she saw him in stress she realized that she too had erred in acting too quick without talking to him. 

She raised her hand and placed it gently on his chest . . Rohit ..dekho mujhe .

Kya hua hai ? Mujhe nahi bataaoge ? She gently starts moving her hand on his chest to comfort him . It was obvious that Rohit wanted to say so much but he simply couldn't .

Sonakshi : Dekho . . main yahi hoon. Kabhi nahi jaaongi tumhe chodke . . I promise . 

She pulls him closer to her as he bends his body to hug her.  His heart was indeed beating very fast. She caresses his back as she gently plants kisses on his temples to calm him down. A few minutes later she comes out of the embrace and hands over a glass on water from the table.

Pi lo. He drinks as she caresses his back with her other hand . Better ? he nods.

There was silence for a few minutes . . It was so piercing for Sonakshi that she finally decides to break the piercing quiet .

Sonakshi : Rohit . . in a soft tone . . Dekho meri taraf . Kya hua hai mere Dr. Surgeon ko ?

Rohit : Trying to build a faint smile . . Kuch nahi.

Sonakshi : Rohit .. in a soft tone 

Rohit : Sona . . tum mujhe kabhi chodke nahi jaaoge .. naa ? Main tumhaare bina jee nahi paaonga .

Sonakshi : Arey baba . . . . Kabhi nahi . . I promise. 

Looks at him lovingly .Tumhe kya lagta hai Rohit .. ki main tumhaare bina jee paaungi ?

He was sometimes a naughty child , sometimes a mature adult , sometimes a sarcastic brat and now just so vulnerable a person . They had seen each other at their lowest and always shared their pains n happiness but this time Rohit  seemed so reluctant . She finally decides to play her emotional card as she could not see him suffer alone anymore .

Maine tumhe kasam di hai . . Abhi bhi mujhe nahi bataoge ?

Rohit : Looks at her intensely . Aisa mat karo . . Sona. 

Sonakshi : seeing that his expressions were slowly again moving into panic mode . . Thik hai .. Main thoda khaana leke aati hoon.