Chapter 3 - Even Maniacs Can Charm (Which he does, so Beware)

~* Whizzer's POV *~

How much did I have to drink? The question pounded in my skull, threatening to shatter it. I waited for the memories to come back from the previous night. This was my life for two goddamn years. Bars, drinks, sleep, try to remember who I slept with. But last night was not normal. It was the two year anniversary of getting kicked out of my boyfriend's life.

I cracked one eye, then the other shot open. This wasn't my apartment!

Jason stirred on my shoulder.

Jason.

Jason's nice.

Wait- Jason?

Jason!

Jason means Marvin, and Marvin means yelling. I had to get out of here. I'd figure out how the hell I got here later.

I nudged Jason off my shoulder, something easy to do. He was a heavy sleeper, like his dad. I hopped off the couch, realizing that my shirt wasn't buttoned up correctly. Hold on, there's no way I would not fix it. Well, that's a problem for later.

I walked to the door, opening it to a familiar face.

"Now listen Mar-" Trina's face turned into a scowl, "Whizzer? What are you doing here?"

Nice to see you too, Trina. "Actually, I was just-"

"Do I smell alcohol?" Trina's face scrunched up, "because I told Marvin that he could not have hookups," she pointed at my chest. I didn't hook up with my ex, did I? "Or alcohol of any kind with Jason around. His love life may not be my business but my son most definitely-"

"Trina, it's not like that-"

"Get your ass back inside," shit, she noticed me inching my way out. She doesn't understand. I only want to get away before I get berated by Marvin, "this screwed up family concern you now. Get inside if you know what's good for you."

Trina. Was threatening me. What the hell? Had the world just shit itself and flipped upside down? "Trina, I was leaving-"

"Not anymore. Get inside." She was definitely using her mom voice. What could I do but listen? I stepped back inside, crossing my arms.

"Mendel, darling, come inside," Trina yelled at the car parked in the driveway. She stomped in the messy house. I didn't remember it being this much of a disaster last time I was here.

"And Jason's sleeping on the couch? No wonder he'd rather be with me," there was the smallest hint of a smile on her face as she spoke. She crossed over to the couch where Jason was sleeping. He looked happy, too. "Jason, my love, go wake your father up so we can talk."

"Is there going to be yelling?" Jason asked innocently. His eyes were still tired, and I couldn't help but feel bad. He was only 12. He didn't deserve to be burdened with it.

"Not from me, my love," Trina promised. Jason stood up off the couch and turned to his dad's room, glancing at me for a moment. His face lit up for a fraction of a second, and he waved gently. Then he disappeared from sight into Marvin's room.

"Whizzer! How nice to-" Mendel's cheery voice rang from the doorway. However, his wife cut him off with a 'cough'. "I mean...hi."

Of course she's controlling him. Trina, just like Marvin, had a need for control. But her's isn't as obvious as Marvin's once was. "It's nice to see you too, Mendel."

A tired Marvin stumbled out of his room. Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit, he's still hot. He was in just a t-shirt and sweatpants, so why did my heart skip a beat?