CHAPTER 3

ROSE'S POV

When I turned my attention back to Lucifer I was surprised to see him looking at me. His eyes were much softer than when I first saw him. My face grew warm and I raised my hand to use the bulky sleeve to hide my face.

"I like your house." I mumbled through the sleeve.

"I'm glad, little one." Lucifer pat my head making me feel warm in the inside. I could barely remember the last time I felt a gentle touch. It almost made me slip into my headspace, but I didn't want to freak Lucifer out. "Would you like me to show you to your room?" I lit up at the words. I smiled brighter.

"I get my own room?" I asked, squeezing his hand. Lucifer chuckles and nodded. I've never had my own room.

"It's only a few doors down from my bed room so if you ever need anything don't be afraid to bother me." Lucifer tells me while he guides me upstairs. He takes me down a hall and opens the door to a rather large guest bedroom.

I peeked my head in quickly, but hot breath blowing on my face causes me to jump back, followed by growling. He has a dog!

"Cerberus! Do not growl at her!" Lucifer scolded. The large black dog continued to growl, holding his head low and staring into my eyes. He's so cute!

"Puppy!" I squealed and ran forward. Lucifer tried to grab me, but I pushed forward and wrapped my arms around the large pup. Cerberus silenced and began to sniff me, tickling my skin. I giggled and kissed his big head. "Who's a big scawy boy?" I asked scratching behind his ear, causing his leg to scratch his back. "You are!" I laughed.

"How... how did you do that?" Lucifer asked bending down to us. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "He's the hound of hell, that's impossible." I gasped and hugged Cerberus's head close to my body.

"Don't listen to the mean man." I pat his head. "You are a good boy." Lucifer sighed and ran his hands over his face.

"I didn't mean he's bad, I meant he's literally," I looked up at Lucifer confused, "never mind. He's just a bit troublesome."

"Never." I whispered and scratched under Cerberus's chin. I stood up and Cerberus's whined the moment my hand left his fur. "Thank you for my room." I twiddled my fingers as I spoke and stared at my feet too afraid to look him in the eyes. Sometimes they felt scary.

"It's no problem at all." Lucifer lifted my chin and smiled softly. "An angel such as yourself deserves great things." That only made me blush harder, so I covered my face once more. Lucifer chuckled and kissed the top of my head. "You are forever safe now. I will protect you. You have the devil's word." Lucifer booped my nose making me giggle although the thought of him being a devil made me shiver.

"What if Mike finds me?" I asked hugging Cerberus for comfort.

"Then I'll kill him." Lucifer said bluntly. My mouth dropped open and I hugged Cerberus tighter. Lucifer was quite scary. "I'm kidding." Lucifer said quickly. I chewed my lip and stared down at my feet.

"Promise not to kill him?" I looked up into his eyes. Lucifer scratched the back of his neck and sighed heavily. "Pinky promise?" I pressed further and held out my pinky. His eyes softened and he held out his pinky, linking it with mine.

"I pinky promise." He said.

"Pinky promises cannot be broken ever!" I told him. It's just how the universe works. Lucifer's lips curled into a smile brightening his face. He was really handsome, but the sort of handsome that would make anyone scared to approach him.

{{{}}}

I blinked into the darkness as I woke. The soft bed sheets rested over my body. The sun wasn't out yet so I was sure it was still night time. I could hear voices outside of my bedroom, low and sharp. Was Lucifer arguing with someone? I sat up in my bed in hopes I could hear the voices better. It sounded like a woman. Did Lucifer have a woman over? Maybe I shouldn't be listening.

"That girl is not important!" The woman suddenly shouted loud enough for me to hear. "She is going to change you and then what? You'll be soft! Everyone will know Lucifer as the biggest bitch in," her words were cut short by a loud bang.

"You will not talk to me this way!" Lucifer shouted this time. His voice boomed through the walls making me jump. I covered my ears and quickly threw the blanket over myself. "Do not forget who I am and who you are. I do as I please and you serve me." Lucifer's voice was quieter now, but held just as much aggression. I whimpered under the sheets and squeezed my eyes shut. Please fall asleep.

Please, please. I never pray much, but I will pray for this.

Dear lord,

As I lay my head down to sleep, I pray my soul for you to keep. Please let Lucifer be happier in the morning and for all his worries to go away. Thank you for sending him to save me from Mike, but please do not let him hurt Mike. I do not wish harm on any other souls.

Amen.

Without even realizing, I was drifting back into sleep.