CHAPTER 7

ROSE'S POV

I woke to an empty bed. The warm sun rays that shined through the blinds rested on my skin leaving warm tickles. I stretched my limbs and sat up. My body felt oddly cold not feeling Lucifer's body heat. I pouted. I'd never really had anyone who I felt so clingy to. I didn't want to annoy Lucifer, but being next to him felt so safe.

I waited in bed for Lucifer to come in like he did every morning. I stretched my limbs against the soft sheets and pat Cerberus's head. It never took Lucifer this long to get me. As if on que, the door knob jiggled. My heart jumped happily as the door slowly opened. Lucifer stepped into the room, but barely even looked up at me. I frowned again. I hope he wasn't angry again.

"Good mowning," I rubbed my eyes and gave a soft smile. Lucifer glanced up at me quickly before turning his attention to his phone.

"I can't stay today," he states blandly. Lucifer's eyes meet mine for a second. My heart sinks a little. "Lilith will watch you." Lilith?! I shake my head quickly. As much as I would like to get along with her, Lilith scared me too much to be left alone with her.

"I-It's okay I can take care of myself." I lie a little. I could, but sometimes I'm too clumsy or I get too little.

"Suite yourself." Lucifer says coldly, his eyes staying glued to the floor. My chest hurt, it felt like he had just knocked the wind out of me. He was the only nice person to me, pretty much ever. Now he was acting like he didn't care at all, it hurt.

Was it because I accidentally called him daddy?

Tears welled in my eyes, but I stared down at my hands so he wouldn't notice. Lucifer lingered for a second before leaving me alone in the room. I could hear muffled whispers from beyond the door. I pulled my knees to my chest and sniffled as I fought back tears.

To my surprise the door opened again. I flinched and quickly wiped any stray tears away. I looked up to see Lilith with her arms folded staring down at me. I felt so tiny under her gaze I wanted to hide.

"Well are you planning to leave the bed or what?" Lilith raised an eyebrow at me. I silently stood from the bed and stared at my feet unsure of how to act alone with her. "Well aren't you going to eat?" Lilith rolled her eyes.

"Lucifer usually eats with me. Will you eat with me?" I asked looking up at her. Lilith glared down at before turning, her pin-straight black hair whipped around with her.

"Just eat." She grumbled as she exited the room. I walked myself downstairs and to the dining room. The table felt so much bigger alone. I stared at the decor while I ate the painfully silent breakfast. I wonder what Lucifer was doing. Maybe it was business related and that's why he couldn't stay with me. I hoped so. When I finished I gathered my plate and wandered into the kitchen. Lilith was sat on the counter sharpening a blade.

"T-Thank you for the breakfast," I muttered shyly. Lilith's eyebrows furrowed together for a second, before her attention returned to the blade.

"Only did it because it's my job. I don't like you here." Lilith looked back up at me angrily. "Maybe Lucifer is realizing it too, that's why he didn't stay glued to his precious little pet." My heart snapped

"T-Thats not true!" I snapped back. Lilith smirked.

"Did you actually think he cared for a little fly like you?" Lilith egged on.

"Yes?" It came out as more of a question than a statement. Lilith approached me, placing a cold finger under my chin, forcing me to look up at her through teary eyes as my mind raced.

"He just sees you as an innocent little toy." Lilith spoke softly. "A man like him is dangerous for someone so pure. He will use you up like the monster he is." Her last words are tainted with anger. I clamp my hands over my ears and shake my head.

"H-He's not a monster!" I cried.

"Oh honey you have no idea." Lilith cooed, before laughing loudly. I pushed past her and hurriedly ran upstairs to my room.

She was just trying to fill my head with lies like always! She was just trying to scare me! I pulled the blanket into me and stuck my thumb in my mouth to soothe my nerves. Cerberus nudged the door open and hopped on my bed. I laid my head on him and whimpered.

"You thinks Luci wikes me right?" I asked softly between us. Cerberus just sniffed my head in response. "Maybe I was being dumb and thought," I paused as I felt my throat tighten, "I thought he could be my daddy." Tears slid down my cheeks. Mike used to always say no one would ever love me and that's why I had to stay with him. Maybe he was right.

I laid there for what seemed like eternity before Lilith opened my door once more. She leaned against the door frame and crossed her arms.

"I'm supposed to check up on you. Still alive?" She rolled her eyes.

"I'm okay, thank you." I said softly through my sniffles. Lilith chewed her lip and pushed herself off the door frame.

"Stop being so nice to me!" She barked. I flinched, surprised by the sudden intensity.

"S-sorry!" I quickly stammered. Lilith rolled her eyes.

"Do you ever plan to leave your room? You've been in here crying for too long. It's getting annoying." Lilith said coldly. I pouted even more, feeling more tears threatening to spill.

"I'm sor-

"And stop apologizing! And acting so nice and innocent!" Lilith suddenly yelled. Like a broken dam tears because to rush down my cheeks. I sobbed into my hands until I felt the bed dip beside me, and a cold hand snakes through my hair. I silenced, surprised. I wiped my tears and glanced to Lilith who defiantly stared at the wall as if not looking at me meant she wasn't really doing it. "Just stop crying, okay?" She said under her breath. I sniffled and wiped my tears.

Lilith continued to run her fingers through my hair until my breathing calmed. She retracted her hand and sat silently, not looking in my direction. I sniffled and smiled a little.

"Fank you." I broke the silence, smiling up at her. I would have hugged her, but I could tell it wouldn't be welcomed. Lilith's eyes widened and she abruptly stood from the bed.

"I only did it because I know Lucifer wouldn't want you crying. I-It's not because I like you." Lilith said quickly, looking over her shoulder at me. I smiled softly to myself when she turned away.

"When will Lucifer be back?" I ask as Lilith opens the door to leave.

"When he's back." Lilith said, returning to her regular cold mannerisms. I pouted as she slammed the door once more leaving me alone in my room. I slid out of bed and made my way to the toys and games Lucifer had bought me. I played mindlessly, only half interested in my games for hours until finally I heard the door open downstairs.

My heart thumped so hard it felt it would pop out of my chest. I could hear Lucifer making demands to people downstairs and Lilith's heeled boots approaching my room. He wasn't going to greet me. I pouted, but shook away the icky feelings. He was probably too busy for me.

"Lucifer's home." Lilith said pushing open my door. "I thought you'd like to know." She mutters the last part, but I still hear it.

"Thank you." I smile nervously, but I can't find the courage to move. Lilith sighs and to my surprise approaches me and crouches so she's at my height on the floor.

"Why are you afraid?" She asks cocking her head to the side.

"What if he no want me anymore?" I looked down at my lap as the words slipped from my mouth. Lilith's eyebrows furrowed together.

"I know how that feels." She says softly, her usual snappy voice now smooth. She stared at her hands for a second, a wave of sadness rolling off her. She looks up to me and her lips tug into a soft smile. She was quite beautiful with a smile. Her usual hard features were now all relaxed. Her eyes steady and calm instead of alert. "I've never seen him more happy. Of course he wants you." Lilith stood up and extended her hand, looking the other way. I smiled brightly and took her hand, feeling much more confident with her on my side. She helped me to my feet and retracted her hand.

"Thank you." I smiled up at her.

"It's whatever." She brushes it off and heads towards the door. "Just go."