Chapter 1

*Third Person POV*

'Carol has been having a rough year. It's almost time for Christmas expect this time last year is when she first met Therese and what she thought started out as a great romance turned into a great tragedy. Things are completely different year and by different it's worse. Therese still hadn't completely forgave Carol for up and leaving her at the hotel; and Carol's husband is still giving her shit for cheating on him with Therese. Carol felt like she could never catch a break. She sat there on the edge of the bed silently crying while her husband was sound asleep. She quietly crept into the kitchen and picked up the phone, for a moment she thought about calling Therese; but she remembered Therese wanted nothing to do with her. Carol took a few shaky breaths and dialed the one person who she knows she can truly count on... Abby. After just a couple of rings Abby answered.'

Abby: Hello?

Carol: Abby

'She said her voice on the verge of breaking.'

Abby: Are you alright? What's wrong?

'She could hear Carol start to softly cry on the other end.'

Carol: I- I need you.

Abby: Come over. You know you're always welcomed here.

'Carol grabbed a pair of Clothes and headed over to Abby's.'

'Carol knocked on the door and as soon as Abby opened it Carol tossed her arms around Abby.. pulling her in for a giant hug. They melted into each other. As soon as Carol made contact with Abby she felt all of her problems melt away. Abby always felt like home to Carol... her skin was soft, she smelt sweet like fruit drizzled in honey and those big brown eyes could melt anyone's heart, Carol found herself getting lost in them all the time.'

                  *Carol's POV*

'When I got to Abby's she made us a cup of tea. For a few minutes we were just sitting on the edge of her bed in silence drinking our tea. The room was dark and only lit up by the moon which reflected off Abby perfectly. Her bed was soft, warm and big enough for both of us to sleep comfortably. Abby's house felt more like home than my actual home did.'

"So are you going to tell me what's wrong?"

'Abby asked.. breaking the silence.'

'As I was getting ready to talk I felt my heart get caught in my throat, tears started to escape my eyes and all that heartbreak started rushing back. Abby pulled me into bed with her and cuddled me.. I cuddled right up to her.'

"Let me guess your husband is still being a cry baby and Therese is still being a stuck up bitch."

'I couldn't help but to giggle.'

Ohh Abby.

'I said while laughing.'

"I'm only telling the truth."

'Abby said as she pursed her lips together.'

"What else is bothering you?"

'Abby asked while eyeing me.'

'She knows me like a book.'

I just feel like you're the only person I can truly count on.

"Is that a bad thing?"

No... but if I ever lose you then that's three day I will lose everything.

'Abby gently caresses my face.'

"You'll never loose me."

I know..

'I said as I gently placed one of my hands on top of hers.'

'She smiled at me and we both started drifting peacefully off to sleep in each other's arms.'

********* The Next Morning *********

                  *Abby's POV*

'I woke up with the sunlight leaking through the window and gently shining down upon Carol as she's sleeping. She always looked peaceful as she slept. Her short blonde hair was fanned out onto the pillow and her lips were gently parted. They looked so soft and inviting. I had to restrain myself from kissing her which was nearly impossible. It's been years since I felt her lips on mine and my desire grows more and more each day. I don't only want her body I want her soul too.. I wish me and Carol was still together. I missed her.. I've tried to move on but nobody just compares to her. I slowly leaned in getting closer and closer, just when my lips were inches away from hers she woke up.'

Good morning sunshine.

"Good morning."

'Carol said as she ran her hand softly through my hair.'

'I felt my heart skip a beat.'

Do you want to go out for some breakfast?

"Sure"

'She said as she smiled at me.'

'I felt my face start to burn. I knew I was blushing. Carol makes me melt.'