Chapter Two

*Third Person POV*

'On their way to get breakfast Carol was chatting up a storm and the whole time she was talking Abby was staring at her in complete awe, lost in every bit of her; her looks, her scent, the sound of her voice, her laugh and just well all of her.'

'They took their table by the window so they could watch the snow. Abby pulls out a cigarette hands it to Carol and lights it for her. Carol takes a long drag off the cancer stick, slowly exhales the smoke and smiles at Abby.'

"I know how much you love your nicotine first thing in the morning especially while you're waiting for your breakfast."

'Abby said as she shyly smiled at Carol.'

"You know me so well."

'Carol said as she chuckled.'

"Well I've practically known you forever."

'Abby said as she looked loving into Carol's eyes.'

"Oh Abby."

'Carol said as she gently grabbed Abby's hand.'

'As soon as their hands touched there was a spark between the two of them, an electric feeling in the air. They just stared into each other's eyes. Carol forgotten how truly beautiful Abby really is. She's been so heartbroken over Therese that she's never really looked at other women until know. Abby's beautiful short brown hair framed her face perfectly, her big doe brown eyes were soft as can be and her lips looked so inviting. Carol felt herself starting to swoon over Abby. The moment was gone when the waitress brought their food.'

'They made small talk while they were eating.. just laughing and joking around.'

'After they finished breakfast Carol sighed. There was a certain sadness in Carol's eyes.'

"I have to go to Christmas dinner with my husbands family."

'Carol said shaking her head.. almost on the verge of crying but she tried to laugh it off.'

'Just the thought of Carol's husband was enough to make Abby's blood boil. Abby didn't like him.. he made Carol's life a living hell but she couldn't leave him because he threatens to take their daughter away if she does.. so she's stuck. Abby felt her heart shatter for Carol. Carol's husband didn't like Abby either. He was extremely jealous of her.'

'Carol took Abby home they hugged and said their goodbyes.'

*********Later that night*********

'Carol spent most of the dinner gathering drinking martinis and smoking cigarettes by the window watching the snow poor down.. oh how she longed to be in Abby's company instead of this dreaded place.'

'Pretending that she was happy and everything was fine with her and her husband was extremely draining and exhausting. Time seem to drag on.'

'Finally after a long night of hell they went home. Carol crawled in bed with her husband and pretended she was asleep until she could hear him snoring. Once she knew he was dead asleep she quickly and quietly grabbed her things and headed to Abby's.'

'When she got their Abby was already fast asleep. Carol smiled to herself. She gently kissed Abby on the cheek, crawled in bed with her, cuddled up to her and peacefully drifted off to sleep.'