Chapter Three

*Abby POV*

'I woke up on New Years Eve to an arm and leg thrown over me. I turned around and Carol was cuddled up to me, my heart melted. I'm not only happy but actually surprised to see her here because she had that dinner with her husband's family and it was late when she got back. I thought she would've been too tired to come here; but I'm glad she did.'

"Do you want to go out for New Years and do something with me?"

'My heart skipped a beat.'

Of course I do!!!

'I practically shouted with excitement.'

'Carol chuckled at me.'

'We spent most of the day in bed together snacking on food, talking and cuddling. It was honestly amazing.'

'It was time to get ready to go out.'

'I wore a black long sleeved dress, black heels and some ruby red lipstick.'

'Carol came out wearing a red suit with nothing beneath it and you can see a little bit of her bare chest. Oh my god she looked stunning.'

"Ready to go?"

'Carol asked me as she walked towards me.'

Yeah!! You look incredible.

'Carol smiled as she gently cupped my face.'

"You look beautiful Abby."

'Then she planted a soft kiss on m forehead. I nearly cried.. it's been years since she's done that.'

"Ready?"

Yes!!

'We walked out the door arm in arm.'

               *Carol's POV*

'Me and Abby were out eating and getting drunk.'

'My moment was ruined when I felt like someone was watching me. I turned around and Therese was standing there mouth wide open. I started to get up and she darted out of the room towards the restrooms.'

'Abby didn't notice her because she was busy talking still.'

'She did notice the look of worry on my face.'

"Is everything okay?"

Uh- yeah

Can you excuse me for a second?

'I got up and quickly walked towards the bathroom.'

'I seen Therese standing by the doors.'

Therese what are you doing here?

"I could ask you the same thing."

'She sounds pissed.'

"I always said there was something funny about yours and Abby's friendship and I was right."

Therese, Abby and I are just friends.

"Don't give me that just friends shit Carol I seen the way you look at her."

What do you want from me?! You can't act like you don't want nothing to do with me and get mad when you see me out with somebody else!

'She rolled her eyes and went inside the bathroom.'

'I felt a tear escape my eye and made its way down my face.'

"Is everything okay?"

'I jumped at the sound of Abby's voice.'

Yeah.. I just have to go.

"But I thought-"

'I didn't let her finish. I pulled out a big wad of cash and gave it to her.'

Here.. this is to pay for the dinner and drinks. There is extra in case you want more.

'After giving her money I ran out of the door.'

                 *Abby POV*

'I was left standing there confused and kinda hurt.'

'What in the world has gotten into Carol?'

'Just as I was getting ready to walk into the bathroom Therese walks out.'

"Abby"

'Great... just great..'