• O N E •

This first chapter will be short, the others will be much longer~🖊

Cady looked around shyly as the other students crowded the hallways. She was not homeschooled anymore, which was.. honestly quite scary for her.

There were no animals around, the closest thing you could do was learn about them in classes.

She'd been going to an actual school filled with actual people for about a month now, and she still wasn't used to the fact that I was in an actual school!

She sighed then brushed the red hair out of her face and looked forward, clutching onto the straps of her backpack, trying to look as confident as she could, and walked to Geography class and sat down at a desk near the middle.

She sat her stuff down, then started to chew at her pencil while waiting for class to start.

The bell finally rang, indicating class was now starting.

Cady wasn't paying much attention, she was mostly just staring off into the distance, thinking of going back home, being outside, basically doing anything that didn't have to do with school.

But she was snapped out of her fantasies when Mr. Norbury tapped her shoulder and she looked up at him with wide eyes. "Were you even paying attention, Ms. Heron?"

She blushed out of embarrassment, then faintly shook her head, looking down at her hands.

He sighed then touched her shoulder which caused her to jump. "We're doing a pen pal assignment." He says, "With Northshore Illinois in USA."

Cady fidgeted with her hands, she was already shy as it is, so she was nervous.. yet excited for some reason! "Okay!" She looked up at him.

He smiled at her. "Here's the stuff you'll need to write down. And attach a picture of what you look like.. you have a phone, right?"

She nods. "Mhmm, I do." She looks away from Mr. Norbury then down at her notes for the pen pal project, and already started jotting things down. She was beyond excited for this.. but also nervous. Was nervcited a word? Because that was definitely what she was feeling right now.

Cady had finished writing everything out by the end of class, and she walked up to Mr. Norbury, a smile playing at her lips. "I finished everything. I just have to take a picture of myself."

He seemed surprised by this. "Really now?"

"Mhmmm!" She nods, looking up at him. "Can I go now?"

He chuckles then nods, and Cady walked out of the classroom, her usual perky attitude returning.

This project, for some reason, made her unbelievably happy.