• T W O •

The next day at school seemed to drag on forever until geography class, which Cady was extremely happy for.

She handed Mr. Norbury her paper, then shuffled her feet. "How long will it take for them to respond?"

"Probably.. a week or two."

Cady sighed, then walked to her desk. Obviously impatient.

A week finally went by, and Cady was beyond excited. Mr. Norbury had assigned them each a partner and hasn't told them who'd they'd be writing to.

Mr. Norbury started passing out papers, and she fidgeted in her seat impatiently. Finally, he got to her and handed her a sheet of paper.

Hi, I'm Janis. I'm not much into this stuff but I guess it could be fun.

Anyways, hi Cady. You're from Africa, cool. I'm from America as you know. God, this sounds so awkward.

Ms. Norbury said we could exchange numbers if you have a phone, she said it'd be easier to communicate if we wanted to. Plus, I'd probably be less awkward, anywaysss, here's my number, ***-***-****.

Feel free to text me if you do. I could use some friends to be honest. Lmao that sounded wimpy.

And if you don't have a number - I'm going on and on about this for no reason.

Hm. I have to put something about myself.. that's dumb. I guess I really like art.

Uh. I'll write to you another time, sorry if that seemed awkward.

Bye.

~Janis Sarkisian

Cady found herself grinning at the paper, she found it funny and cute at how awkward she was.

And below was a picture of her.. she was unbelievably pretty! She looked at the picture for a bit before the bell interrupted her from her thoughts. She stood up and quickly exited the school. She wanted to text her.. badly for some reason.

So, she quickly walked home, and past her parents who she didn't even greet, and to her bedroom.

She pulled out her phone and looked at the paper then back at her phone to type in Janis's number.

She bit her lip, she didn't know how to start the conversation, of course.

So, she just typed the first thing that came to mind.

Hi, it's Cady🦁

What if she didn't even recognize the name? What if she wrote down the wrong number? What if she typed the wrong number-

***-***-****
Africa Cady?

She tilted her head, and nodded even though Janis couldn't see her.

Yeah. Do you know any other Cady's? If so, please tell me.

Janis🎨:
Hah. No, not to be mean or anything but ur name is a bit strange - how do I pronounce it?

Cady🦁:
It's like.. Katie.

Janis🎨:
It looks like Caddy, tho.

Cady🦁:
But it's not😬

Janis🎨:
I'm pronouncing it as Caddy now

Cady🦁:
What? Why?

Janis🎨:
Because it'd be easier for me to remember. And I wanna tease u.

Janis🎨:
Btw, what time is it for u?

Cady🦁:
4pm

Janis🎨:
Ur six hours ahead, damn.

Cady🦁:
Mhmmm. Wait why do you have your phone in school?

Janis🎨:
Because I'm bored! (:

Cady🦁:
But you're gonna get in trouble..

Janis🎨:
I won't if I don't get caught.

Cady🦁:
You can text me later. I don't want you to get in trouble.

Janis🎨:
Well yeah. But it'd be late for you😑

Cady🦁:
I can stay up late!

Janis🎨:
Okay, okay. Bye Cady

Caddy🦁:
Bye Janis!
Read at 4:09pm

Cady grinned. She actually had talked to someone that wasn't her parents or teacher!

And she actually had fun.. god. She couldn't wait for school to be over for Janis, she wanted to talk to her again.. why did she care so much about her already even though they just started talking?

She shrugged to herself, then got on YouTube and looked at funny animal compilations.

Time to go sleep I'm tired smh~🖊