Chapter 22

A/N:  Here is another chapter and I hope you enjoy it. 

Detrick POV

This day keeps on surprising me. First Dean shows up at the canteen and has lunch with me and now he is in the car with Tae, Tee and me as we drive to my parent's house. I'm still not really sure how that happened, but I'm not going to complain.

The more that I'm around Dean, the more I feel comfortable and at ease. Well, that isn't completely true either, because for some reason, I've always felt comfortable around him, just like I do with Tae. However, I think the reason that I feel comfortable around Tae is because I can also sense Tee's undying love for him. But that doesn't explain why I feel comfortable around Dean.

I glance next to me and my breath hitches as I catch Dean staring at me. Oh, my stomach feels like it is on a roller coaster ride. What is happening to me?

Dean smiles at me and softly asks, "Are you sure that you are all right with me coming along? This is the first time that you are meeting your whole family. I have to say that I feel honored, but I don't want to pressure you into anything."

I try to reply, but my mouth won't work, and nothing comes out. Is still don't understand why I'm acting like this. I have never had this happen to me before.

Instead of talking, I simply nod my head.

Tee glances to the back seat and chuckles. "Don't worry, Dean. Detrick is happy that you are coming along."

I whip my head towards Tee. When did I ever say that I was happy about him coming? I don't remember ever saying anything like that. However, I did confess to him after lunch that I feel at ease around Dean and that I thought Dean was very nice coming to surprise me. Never once did I say that I was happy to have him coming with us to our family's house and to be apart of my first meeting with everyone.

Tee smiles at me and shakes his head. I can sense that he is laughing too, but I don't hear him chuckle. Oh, I wish our twin connection would allow us to talk telepathically with each other. Wait. No. That may be a bad idea, especially if he decides to make me listen to him and Tae having sex. I don't want that at all.

However, times like this, I would really like to know exactly what he is thinking, but I don't dare say anything in front of Tae and Dean.

Tae glances in the rearview mirror as he chuckles. "Detrick, if you haven't figured it out yet, Tee can read you like a book. Tee has even figured out your deepest darkest secrets even if you haven't even figured them out yet yourself."

I glance back and forth between Tae and Tee. What in the heck is he talking about? Deepest darkest secrets? I don't have any. I have told Tee everything, so there isn't anything that he doesn't know.

Dean puts his hand on my arm and scolds Tae and Tee. "Guys, stop it. Detrick doesn't even have a clue what you are talking about."

I look at Dean. Am I that easy to read? I thought I kept my feelings well hid.

Dean turns towards me and smiles. "I don't know if I can read you that well, but I can easily tell that you are confused right now. As for the deep dark secrets, I have no idea what he is talking about."

My worries slowly slide away as a small smile spreads across my face. See. Dean always seems to know exactly what I need to calm me down.

The rest of the car ride is filled with Tee telling me about the various family members that I'm going to meet. We have never really talked about our family before. Well, we talk about our parents, but beyond that, we don't really talk about our grandparents, aunts, uncles or even our cousins.