16 || bookshop brawls

Now it was the summer of 1992, and Gaia was with Lele in Diagon Alley, shopping for their 4th and 2nd Year, respectively. The pair was accompanied by their mother as they weaved through the busy streets of Diagon Alley, their father not being able to come because of work reasons.

"Are you sure you'll be fine on your own? I could come back for you after bringing Lele home," Mrs. Eruditus asked Gaia as Lele coughed repeatedly beside her.

Lele had been sick for at least a week, but the young girl insisted on coming with to Diagon Alley to get their school things. Unfortunately, her temperature skyrocketed a few minutes into their shopping trip.

"I'll be fine mum, Lele will be all alone if you come back and I've still got quite a few things to buy. I'll come back home in an hour or so," Gaia answered.

"If you're sure. How will you get back home?" Mrs. Eruditus sighed, though she knew her daughter was right.

"Leaky Cauldron's connected to the Floo Network. I'll just floo home," Gaia answered.

The Eruditus matriarch sighed once again before nodding as Lele let out another series of coughs.

"Oh, alright. Careful, alright? If you're not back in 4 hours I'm coming back. Oh, and could you get Lele's things as well? She'll only need books. Here's our Gringotts Key. Stay safe, alright? Love you," Mrs. Eruditus said as she handed her Lele's booklist and the key before kissing her cheek. Gaia nodded and in the blink of an eye, her mother had apparated away with her sister.

"Right then," Gaia whispered to herself as she looked at Lele's booklist.

SECOND-YEAR STUDENTS WILL REQUIRE:

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2 by Miranda Goshawk Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart

Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart

Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart Voyages with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart

Wanderings with Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart

"Sheesh. What's with all the Lockhart books?" she muttered to herself as she looked to her own booklist.

FOURTH-YEAR STUDENTS WILL REQUIRE:

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 4 by Miranda Goshawk Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart

Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart

Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart Voyages with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart

Wanderings with Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart

Gaia made a sound as she re-read the list once, twice, making sure that she was seeing right.

"Are they serious?" she grumbled.

Resigning herself to her fate, she turned around and yelped as she almost tripped after bumping into a person.

"Gaia!"

In front of Gaia was Harry, accompanied by Hagrid who was carrying a bag of items. His clothes seemed wrinkled and covered in a bit of soot, and his glasses looked broken. Shame, Gaia thought, I still can't use magic outside of school to fix it.