23 || the polyjuice potion

"Why do you keep on laughing!?" Percy huffed out in frustration as Fred and George snickered a few seats away from him during the Christmas feast.

Fred had bewitched Percy's prefect badge to say 'Pinhead'. Obviously, Percy was unaware of what his brother had done.

Gaia shook her head with a grin on her face as she continued helping herself to the food in front of her. You'd think that with only a few people left at Hogwarts, they wouldn't prepare too big of a feast. Well, that was most definitely not the case. There might be just as much food here as the Great Feast!

Glancing over to her right, she spotted Harry, Ron, and Hermione huddled together. Harry and Ron were hurriedly finishing their food while Hermione whispered something to them.

"Hey, what's the rush?" Gaia asked.

The four snapped their head towards Gaia, each looking like a deer in headlights. Harry immediately looked away and Ron started sputtering an answer.

"I wanted to show them something. But it's only around for a while. Muggle thing," Hermione answered.

"What kind of muggle thing?" Lele asked curiously from beside Gaia.

Hermione's eyes snapped to Lele, trying to say something that Gaia couldn't quite read. Hermione sighed when there was no visible reaction from Lele.

"It's-" Hermione cleared her throat, "It's hard to explain. That's why I wanted to show them."

"Oh, can I come?" Lele asked.

Once again, Gaia could see Hermione staring at Lele as if trying to get a point across. Though judging by the look of frustration on Hermione's face, Lele wasn't getting it.

"No!" Ron suddenly shouted as he recovered from his earlier attempt to answer.

Gaia gaped at Ron as Lele flinched back. She narrowed her eyes as she started rising from the table.

"Easy, easy!" Fred said as he reached around the table and placed his hands on Gaia's shoulders to pull her back down to her seat.

"What Ronald meant," Hermione glared at Ron who was shrinking back from the angry Ravenclaw, "-is that the thing is something that I can only show a few people at a time."

Lele mumbled something, looking down with a frown. Hermione sighed, glaring once more at Ron before leaning down to whisper something to Lele, who perked up almost immediately.

"Oh! That thing! Show me next time, alright?" Lele said with a grin, "Oh and, good luck."

"Of course! We've got to go now!" Hermione smiled before pulling Harry and Ron from their seats and dragging them out of the Great Hall.

"What is up with that boy? You okay, Lele?" Gaia asked, watching the trio leave the Great Hall.

"I'm fine! I was just surprised. I'm sure Ron didn't mean it," Lele answered with a shrug.

"Why'd you tell them good luck, by the way?" George asked, curious as to what his brother and his friends were up to.

Before Lele could answer, a voice interrupted them.

"Uhm, Lele?" Ginny Weasley called.

"Oh, right! You were going to show me something tonight, right?" Lele said.

"Yeah. I was hoping we could go now?" Ginny said as she stood up.

"Sure! Goodnight, Gaia!" Lele said before standing up as well.

"Goodnight, sis," Gaia answered as the two walked out of the Great Hall.

✧✧✧