5

He sighed in gratitude when he made it outside, taking a deep breath of the chilly autumn air. The cold made smoke erupt from his warm lips, and he started walking down the street.

Not worrying too much if someone he knew tried to find him, he decided to go to his usual hideout; a little grove beside a peaceful park too boring for the kids to enjoy. The perfect hangout of Levi's over-erupting brain in need of thinking, or lack of thereof.

When he reached the outskirts of the trees, he dug into his pockets and brought the joint as well as a lighter to his lips. After lighting the doubtful homemade cigarette, he breathed in. His body's first reaction was to spit it out, but he willed it down into his lungs before breathing out a great mist of smoke. Hanji had succeeded in making it smoky at least, since she'd failed with that quite a few times before. But he had to admit, after drawing his fourth drag, that these were pretty well done.

He reached the usual spot on a big stone between three thick trees and settled down on the corner of his jacket. Too exhausted to worry about getting his jacket dirty he laid down on the cold stone, watching the stars far above the crown of the trees trying to cover them. Between the drags of the joint he started to hum on a song, successively humming louder as the smoke dissolved into the air of the early night.

As he'd laid there for quite some time, Levi was thoroughly surprised when he suddenly heard a voice from beside him.

"The stars are watching you", Eren quoted the song title Levi was humming to, appearing in front of Levi's vision, as beautiful as ever with rosy cheeks and red nose. "Third song of the album Free Yourself From The Standards of Society." He smiled a crooked little smile, before walking over and settling himself on the stone beside Levi's currently insecure body.

"I think you've already proven your geekiness", Levi said, about to draw another breath of smoke when he realised the flame had gone out, making him huff out a breath of cold air instead. "So I mean, at this point you're just bragging."

Eren laughed, making his Adam's apple bobble up and down.

"Maybe I am", he answered with a wink, and Levi's heart made a little jump. The brunette reached inside the pocket of his jacket and brought out a lighter, holding it out for Levi to lean into. Taking a long drag of the joint made him calm down a bit, and he tentatively reached it out for Eren to take, which he did.

They just sat like that for a while; passing the cigarette between them in silence, enjoying the view of the night sky above. Then Levi felt the other man move closer to him, so that their clothed arms touched, and he felt himself stiffen before breathing out in an attempt to calm down.

"I've followed you since I was fourteen, you know", Eren broke the silence, still looking up at the sky above. "It was pure respect then; you were so cool. Did whatever you wanted to, uncaring of anyone else – whatever anyone, even the members in your band, said." He glanced up at Levi quickly before averting his gaze again. "I wanted to be just like you; an anarchist living life on the very line of what's legal and not, but I didn't dare to."

Levi tried to think of something to say, but was left with his mouth hanging open, unable to find any fitting words. Eren continued the little speech of his, saving Levi from his trouble of not knowing what to say.

"I did the opposite of what you were trying to accomplish and consumed every word that left your lips, taking everything to heart. You were the first ones to plant the thoughts of an equal lifestyle beyond the governmental system, without the hierarchy we live in now."

Levi couldn't help but smile. He pictured a young teenage version of Eren, sitting cross-legged on his bed, doing a mixture between headbanging and rocking his body in tune to the music exploding trough the speakers. Then he pictured the version of Eren that currently laid beside him on the same bed, singing along to the voice of Levi with closed eyes, his foot twitching in tune absentmindedly. It was a nice thought, Levi smiled.

"So the main thing we told through our songs; to be independent and think for oneself, you just ignored?" Levi made a noise that was something between a snort and a chuckle, making Eren laugh a little awkward laugh too.

"Yep. Not hypocritical at all", he said, turning his head to look at the shorter man once again, making his brown curls fall over his left eye. "Anyway", he continued, keeping his gaze fixed at Levi's eyes, "I've always adored you, and just the thought of you and The Bloody Footprints made my teenage years so much easier. You helped me through stressful days, exams, and me coming out as gay." At the last line Eren looked at Levi more intensely that before, most likely looking for a reaction from the man.

Levi blinked once. Twice. Then he started laughing. Eren watched him in horror, probably thinking he was about to get judged, but Levi just shook his head as he tried to regain himself.

"I-erhm, sorry", he apologized quickly. Dear drugs, now he'd started to apologize too? This kid was really having quite a great impact on him, huh? "It's just- did you by chance enjoy the song Be gay, Hate cops?"

At that Eren started to laugh as well, nodding vigorously.

"Of course! First time I heard it I was quite sceptical, but it quickly grew on me."

"Okay, but you said you started to listen to us when you were fourteen?" He got a nod in response. "Yeah, and when was that? Five years ago?" Levi bit his inner lip nervously. He didn't know the kid's age, and feared for the worst. Could he still be a teenager?

The corner of Eren's lip twitched upward, and he actually giggled.

"How old do you think I am, Ackerman? I've been listening to you for nine years. You're starting to get quite old by now, huh?" He poked at Levi's ribs, making him gasp in return.

"I-I, oh." Levi still felt really uncertain. After talking about how much he'd followed him, surely Eren knew about his age? "Ehrm, you're aware I'm getting a bit old for you, right?" He said nervously. Eren furrowed his brows.

"What, you think I want to fuck you?" He said stoically without missing a beat.

Levi choked on his breath, his eyes getting wider than saucers. Oh shit, he'd gotten the wrong assumptions! Jumping to conclusions wasn't usually a habit of his, but just because of his fucking hormones he'd let his sexual attraction towards the kid get the better of him. Fuck! Now he probably looked like the biggest podophile ever, and was going to be known as that one singer who wanted to bang the young boy that covered every top-list in the country.

"Because I want to", Eren then whispered sensually in Levi's ear, and the vibrations went straight to his cock before he even had time to contemplate what he'd actually said. Wow.

"Then", Levi licked his dry lips, staring into the playful eyes of Eren, "let's start with getting a drink first."