Chapter 2

First POV

We all just stood there in silence for what seemed like a while when really, it was like 30 seconds before Kageyama realized who was talking to him.  Kage managed to fix himself up and stood up a bit straighter.

"We met last year. I forgot your name," he finally stated.

I face palmed internally at his bluntness. Sometimes, this boy does not have a filter.  Shōyō continued to look at him with irritation.

"My name is Shoyo Hinata, okay?  But I'm sure you don't even remember who I am. I mean you destroyed us in one game-"

"I remember exactly who you are," Kage said back to him, cutting the orange head off.

He looked like he was having a flashback to the prelims last year. Or he was analyzing him, one of those. Ren and I just stayed quiet and by the door. I kinda had a feeling that this might turn bad real fast.

"What's with the silent treatment?" Shoyo finally asked.

Kageyama just kinda looked at him in a weird way, causing Shoyo to put his hands up all defensive like.

"What, you wanna fight or something?" He asked.

"Oh don't be a dumbass!" Kage shouted at him.

I thought they would start getting physical, so I stepped in.

"Come on, guys, let's not fight on the first day," I tried to reason.

I'm not really a confrontational person. I like to solve things peacefully, although ALL of my friends are absolutely terrified of me when I'm really mad. I didn't think I was that scary. The boys didn't seem to hear me.

"D-don't make fun of me. I might've lost really bad the first time we met, but never again. Look, I came to get my revenge and I find out you're on the same team as me?  How am I supposed to kick your butt that way?" Shoyo kept saying while pointing his finger at Kage.

I didn't want to get mad, but I was getting a little irritated at them. Ren stayed by the door. I think it finally registered in Kage's mind that I was there because he looked shocked and was caught off guard.

"Why are you here?!" He yelled while pointing at me.

I laughed and rubbed the back of my head. After that, I did jazz hands.

"Surprise. I said I was coming to Karasuno, didn't I?" I revealed while giving him a small smile.

Shōyō looked confused.

"Hold on, (Y/N), you know this jerk?" Shōyō asked as he made his way over to me.

I nodded. Kage didn't seem to like Shōyō calling him that.

"We went to the same middle school, idiot," Kage answered before I could, with irritation in voice.

That didn't really help with anything. Shōyō turned back around and got all defensive again.

"S-shut up!  Anyway, there are a ton of other good schools you could've gone to. Why didn't you go to those ones instead?" Shoyo asked him.

I heard Ren snicker from behind me. I had forgotten Kageyama said he was going to take Shiratorizawa's entrance exam.  I was gonna ask him about it, but I guess I forgot. I turned and gave Ren a look. He motioned his hand for me to listen to Kage.
Let's just say, I could tell how the exam went by looking at his face. I sighed.

"You failed it, didn't you?" I concluded bluntly.

He blushed a little from embarrassment and nodded. Shoyo looked a little shocked when I said that.