Chapter 7

First POV

"Hey, welcome back, Oikawa. How's that leg doing?" Aoba Johsai's head coach asked him.

That was when I saw Tooru looking at the score board, seeing that we had won the second set. And he had that smile on his face too, the fake one. It grew even bigger as he gave an 'okay' sign to Coach Irihata.

"Never been better. Glad I could come back to practice now. It was just a tiny sprain."

Since he hadn't looked over here to our side yet, I took this opportunity to try and hide myself within our little group. It's not that I didn't want to see him, but whenever Tooru saw me with my other friends, he always made it seem like he hadn't seen me in years. Which meant he literally screamed any of his nicknames he could think of for me so everyone around us could hear it.

"Listen, son, don't ever do that again. They brought Kageyama and the twins like we asked, so we can't just have them show up without seeing our starting lineup. That would make us look bad," I heard Irihata scold.

Tooru sheepishly smiled as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'm sorry."

At this point, I was scooting behind Daichi, trying to get myself out of his sights. I did not want Tooru yelling or screaming anything. Ren started to snicker at my hiding as he walked over to me.

"What are you doing?" My brother asked quietly as he kept snickering.

I glared over to him, seeing as that he knew fully well what I was doing. He's known Tooru for as long as I have.

"You know what. If he sees me, he's gonna scream it so the entire gym can hear it," I hissed at him.

As we whispered to each other, I saw our teammates looking at us with arched eyebrows. Daichi looked back at me, since I was hiding behind him, even though he's not much taller than I am. Rather than explaining that whole thing to them, I just gave everyone a look.

"You'll know when he sees me," I told them, referring to Tooru.

Before anyone could say anything, we all heard the squeals and love struck compliments coming from a group of girls watching from the balcony.

"Be careful, Oikawa! Please don't hurt yourself!" They all yelled.

Of course, why am I not surprised? As we looked to them, I felt the intensity coming off of Ryu as he looked at us and pointed over to the captain of Seijoh.

"Hey, it might be because he's got all the ladies' attention, but I already hate this guy," the second year growled.

Even Daichi seemed a little intimidated by Tooru's presence, and I couldn't blame him. But, the third year kept his cool as he looked to Ryu.

"Yeah, that's Seijoh's Team Captain," he informed us.

I began looking over to Aoba Johsai's side of the court, and saw Tooru waving at the girls. And that's when I saw Kage's hard gaze on our upperclassmen from middle school.

"Oikawa," I heard our setter say.

Everyone looked at Kage with a bit of confusion, so I stepped out from my hiding place behind Daichi, knowing fully well what I was in for. But, as a coach, I knew that it was essential to let the team know who they were up against.

"His name is Tooru Oikawa. He's Aoba Johsai's official setter, and he's a super offensive player who can read his opponents like a book. He's an amazing strategist," I explained to my team.