Chapter 3

I dint want to tell Jack what happened with Spot because I knew I was gonna cause him too much stress not to mention a 2 hour lecture on this is why girls shouldn't be newsies.
2 weeks have passed since the incident and I pretty much forgot about it...until now.
I could hear racetrack and Jack down the hall arguing about something I couldn't quite make out.
"Jack it's a terrible idea he won't agree!" Said racetrack.
"Not if we bring her with us, you know what he's like with women he'll soften up if we bring her"
"That is if she agrees to come"
"She'll have to or we will all be in big trouble"
" ok but you're telling her though"
"Fine!"
Eventually racetrack and Jack came in to the bunk room where I was and Jack stepped forward.
"Hey soph err I gotta take you to Brooklyn to do abit of persuasion with Spot Conlon because there has been an uprising with the Bronx newsies and we could be in serious trouble if Brooklyn won't back with us and with you with us hopefully spot will soften knowing what he's like with women, he's very smitten."

I'm doomed!!! I am about to meet the one person I dislike the most and violently warned to stay away from, but Jack's right the Bronx newsies aren't ones to be messed with so I reluctantly agreed only praying Spot doesn't recognise me.