Chapter 5

September 2nd 6:00 Am

My red alarm clock went off on my white nightstand next to my bed, waking me up from my deep slumber. I turned it off and rolled my covers back, getting up from my bed lazily. Unlike yesterday, today I was feeling discouraged. I knew that for now on, I needed to take it seriously.

///

As per usual, my brother Ian would always drive me to school before leaving for his job at a restaurant, setting aside money to go to college. We left pretty early this morning since I didn't take my shower.

"Bye Ian." I said when he stopped the car in front of my school.

"Bye." He said, tiredly.

I closed the door and waved at him as he drove away. As I was about to turn, I felt someone's arm around my shoulder.

"Good morning, bestie." Katy said, right beside my ear. "Who was that? He was hot!"

"Ew. He's my brother."

"Maybe you could hook me up?"

"He's 18..." I replied, staring at her.

"Does it look like I care?" She said, pointing at herself, smiling like a lunatic.

"Guess not."

///

We both sat down on a bean bag. I was on a blue fluffy bean bag, my favourite colour, and Katy was on a green one facing me. We were at the lounge, talking about anything and everything while chewing on a breakfast burrito that was given to students, at the cafeteria, who haven't eaten anything this morning.

Katy was checking her schedule for today while I was on my phone, playing some boring game, waiting for the bell to ring.

"We have gym." She said, putting it back in her backpack and zippering it up.

"Great! I hate gym." I replied, closing the game I was playing and putting my phone away in my pocket.

"Gym is like the best subject." She said, looking at me like I was some kind of weirdo.

"It just shows how shit I am at it."

She laughed at my response, thinking I was joking.

"Seriously! I can't even run for a second without dying."

"Good thing I don't need to worry about that."

///

It was gym class, or should I say P.E. The changing room was kind of big. The lockers were located at the left side right when you come in leading up to a bathroom. On the right, were stalls for changing in private aligning each other.

"Pretty neat." I said to Katy.

"Yep."

I walked inside a random stall, closing the door and locking it, hanging my gym bag on a hook that was on the door. I zippered my black gym back and pulling out my black leggings and a  white sleeveless shirt. I was about to change when I saw a piece of paper sticking out of my gym bag. I grabbed it and started to read it.

Dear Amelia,

Your beautiful face. Your perfect body. Everything about you makes me lose control, makes me want you more. Darling, you're the only thing that keeps me going from the very beginning, the first time I've laid my eyes on you. I hope you think about me the way I think about you and I hope that one day, when I confess my undying love for you, you'll accept me with open arms.

I'll see you very soon sweetheart xx

I was shocked. The choice of words felt very familiar to me but I couldn't figure it out. It must be a prank or maybe there was someone with the exact same name and they accidentally put it in my bag. I folded the paper and left it where it came from, trying to forget about it but knew that I won't.

I quickly changed to my gym clothes, shoving my normal clothes in my gym bag without zippering it up, and unlocking the door with my bag in my hands. I walked towards the lockers and putting my gym bag inside one of them, remembering the number of the locker  as I walked out of the changing room.

We were playing dodgeball, my favourite sport where I can hit someone with a ball without getting in trouble. I was in the red team with Katy and Damien was in the opposite team. I was having fun trying to hit Damien while Katy was covering herself, trying not to get hit by one at the far end of the gym.

Gym class finished early so we could change before the bell rings and my team won, scoring 4 out of 3.

"Good job out there." Damien said, smiling bright at me, patting my shoulder.

"Thanks." I replied, blushing.

But he didn't like it one bit. He was watching the whole thing behind the window frame on the double doors of the gymnasium. Damien chatting with Amelia, smiling and laughing like two love birds. He swore to himself that Amelia will be his and only his and no other guy would have her, not even Damien.