Chapter 1

Not edited sorry! Haha. Don't forget to vote, comment and follow!

~~~~~~~~~~

I sighed as I placed my purse and keys down on the kitchen table. "Ugh, I hate work..." I mumbled to myself as I made my way to the kitchen. I poured myself a bowl of cereal and opened the fridge. "No milk?" I closed the fridge and banged my head on the handle.

I've been living by myself for at least five years already. I had no man in my life and I hardly visit my family. I worked for a company called Trina's And Tenny's or TAT for short. It's a fashion company and I was one of the designer's and I run around a lot. Though, there was always time for me to sit down and relax and watch a movie or go out with some friends.

My phone rang and I walked to my purse that sat on the kitchen table. I opened my purse and rummaged through until I found my phone. I slid the Answer button across the screen. "Hello?" I answered as I held the phone to my ear. "Yes, it's Xavier," he said and I bit my bottom lip. "Is there something wrong?" I asked. "Yeah, where are the designs you made?" He asked and I froze. I held the phone against my ear with my shoulder as I rummaged through my purse. "Um, Xavier, I had left them on your desk then. I can't find them," I said as I walked to my office room.

I opened the door and flicked on the light. I checked all my drawers on my desk. "They weren't on my desk." I sighed as I planted my hand on one hip. "Well, crap, I don't know where they went." I grabbed the phone with my hand and switched it to the next ear. "Come over to TAT then because they're not my designs! The deadline for them is tomorrow morning and you're running late Missy!" He hung up and I groaned in frustration.

I ran out of the room and grabbed my purse and my keys. I dashed out the front door, closing it behind me and clumsily dropping my keys. "I don't have time for this Brittney!" I said to myself as I picked up my keys and locked the door. I quickly made my way to my car and got inside and turned it on. I reversed out of the driveway as I buckled my seatbelt on.

I pulled into the parking lot of TAT and I threw my phone in my purse and stepped out of my car. I locked it and threw my keys into my purse and I walked into the Lobby. Carol smiled at me and I smiled back as I rushed to the elevator and pressed '8' hard. My knee bobbed impatiently as I waited for the elevator to reach the eighth floor.

As soon as the elevator dinged and the doors open, I ran out and made my way to Xavier's office. "Brittney, go find the designs," he said rudely as he turned back to his computer screen. I walked out of his office and made my way down the hallway to my office. I opened the door and flicked on the lights and approached my desk. I placed my purse on the desk and I checked all my drawers. "Where could those damn papers be?" I muttered and there was a knock on the door.

I turned to see Mary standing there. "Hey, you okay?" She asked as she made her way into my office, taking a seat at one of the chairs. "No, I'm not. I'm about to lose my job if I can't find two stupid papers!" I raised my voice and she nodded slowly. "I'll help you look for it," she said and I sighed. "Alright..." I nodded and she smiled. She stood to her feet, "Have you checked Alice's office?" She asked. "Why would we need to go there?" I asked back and she grinned.

"She hates you Brittney. She probably has stolen your ideas. Wait here, I'll go retrieve them." She dashed out the room and I stood there thinking hard. "She's right..."

Flashback: Three Months Ago

I walked down the hall carrying the tray of cups full of coffee for all my coworkers. I gave everyone and saved the last cup for Alice. I approached her office and I knocked on her door. She yelled "come in" and I entered and her face turned to an annoying expression as soon as she saw me. "Here's your cup," I said as I placed it on her desk.