Chapter 19

Not edited.

~~~~~~~~~~

"You are charged with murder! You killed Otis!" The master's voice boomed and my heart's pace quickened. I should've never came, but if Luke's going to fight, I'll fight alongside him. The master's giant hand grabbed Luke and picked him up high off the ground. I gasped as I tried to go after him, but a guard grabbed my arm and yanked me back. "Let go of me!" I demanded as I shrugged his arm off.

"You know the rules, but you broke them!" The master's loud voice boomed again, echoing through the large room. "But I love her!" Luke shouted back and I smiled weakly at his words. The master threw him and Luke hit the wall with a loud slam. "Luke!" I kicked the guard and ran to Luke. Luke grunted in pain as I helped him stand to his feet. "Knock it off! You're only selfish, no wonder why you made such unreasonable rules!" I yelled at the master. I didn't know where this courage was coming from, but I liked it.

Luke grabbed my hand and I looked over at him. He gave me a slight nod and I turned back to the master. "Please, understand... We only love each other..." I said in a normal tone. "Master, I've tried to not love her before. But I've only realized that, I cannot be away from her," Luke said as he stepped forward. The master scoffed and pushed Luke away. He grabbed me and I let out a scream. "Brittney!" I heard Luke yell as I was lifted high off the ground.

I looked down and gasped to see I was extremely far away from the ground. I turned back and came in contact with the master's face. The master's face was covered by a white mask that had golden edges. The only thing that wasn't covered was his eyes that were a bright red swirling in his pupil. My jaw dropped in fear as he brought me closer towards him.

"Don't hurt me... I just love him," I whispered and the master's eyes seemed to grow brighter as he looked at me. His hand around me tightened and I yelped in pain. He was cutting off my oxygen and I was wheezing for air. I heard him in my mind. You can love him on one condition... You'll have to leave your world and become one of us.

"W-What about my family?" I asked and the master's eyes grew furious. "You stupid human girl!" He yelled as he threw me and I flew and hit the wall hard. I thought I heard something crack as I fell to the floor. I couldn't get up, I had no strength and my whole body ached. Luke rushed to me and scooped me up in his arms.

My eyes began closing and I squinted at the master who took a seat in his humongous chair. "Luke, you can keep her," the master grunted out in annoyance. Luke's face lit up and he smiled down at me.

"One condition though, she has to become one of us."

"What about her family? We should be allowed to at least visit them," Luke demanded and the masted huffed. "Fine, just shut up and get out of my sight. Now!" The master yelled, shaking the walls with his powerful voice. "Yes sir," Luke responded.

We suddenly appeared in my room and he laid me down gently on my bed. "Ow..." I muttered as my back burned with pain. "Sorry... The master's temper isn't the greatest," Luke said quietly as he brushed the hair out of my face. "So... This means I'll become one of you guys?" I asked and Luke nodded. "Once we get married yes, the master will turn you into one," he answered as held up his hand. An ice pack magically appeared in his hand and he gently lifted my back up.

I whimpered in pain as he slid the ice pack gently under my back and then he set me back down. He grabbed both my hands and he smiled at me. "I'm glad the master accepted you. Honestly, I was prepared to fight him," Luke said and I nodded slowly. "Maybe there's something about you that he likes," Luke suggested and I shrugged my shoulders. "I doubt it, but who cares? We're getting married and the master accepted us," I said happily as I squeezed his hands.