The Beginning

A black car entered the wide yet simple house. The driver got out from the car, quickly opening the car door. Two men and a woman got out from the car, standing in the front yard. Those people consisted of Parents and a son. They looked so neat and elegant yet simple, just glancing at them people will know that they're rich. A maid, who already stood in front of them, informed the people inside that the guests had come. "Mr. Chou, Mr. Kim and his family have arrived", she said politely. Suddenly, a door in front of them opened. A middle-aged man and woman went out, showing them a warm smile.
"Welcome my dear friend", he then hugged his old friend. The two ladies also did the same, asking how the family's days lately. "And it must be Taehyung!", Mr. Chou said while pointing his finger at him. Taehyung bowed at him and his wife, "You look great, son. How old are you?", he asked while motioning them to go inside the house.
"I'm 21 years old now, sir", he answered it calmly and showed his warm smile. Mr. Chou just smiled back at him, as if he already knew him for a long time. They gathered at the living room. As Mr. Kim's prediction, his old friend's house really reflected his characteristic. The house isn't big and luxurious, even his living room is simple and not big, but he has a wide yard. The house really gave them a comfort and relaxes feeling.
"Where's your daughter?", suddenly Mr. Kim asked about Mr. Chou's daughter. Mr. Chou blinked his eyes, trying to remember something, "Oh my god! I almost forget my own daughter!", He said innocently, made all the people there laughed. "Taewoo-ssi could you please tell Tzuyu that our guests are already here?", he said to his only maid in the house. She bowed at them and walked in to her room. Not long after that, a girl with a long, dark brown hair arrived. She looked so sweet with her soft blue dress. They looked so amazed, being fascinated by her figure. "OMO~ your daughter is so beautiful", said Mrs. Kim to Mrs. Chou. "Annyeonghasseyo, Chou Tzuyu imnida, you can call me Tzuyu", she bowed at them politely and gave them her sweet smile. Mrs. Chou touched her hand and motioned her to sit between her and Mrs. Kim. "How old are you dear?", asked Mrs. Kim to her. "I'm 18 years old, mam", she said.

The three men also couldn't take off their eyes of her, especially Taehyung . She looks like an angel He thought. "It means you are three years younger than Taehyung . You look so beautiful, where are you studying at?", Mr. Kim asked her, making Taehyung get his sense back.
"Ne, thank you, ahjussi. I'm studying at Jeonju Art High School", she said politely, made people there love her more. After all the talk, they moved to the dining room. They ate all the food there. The parents talked about their business, children, and also hobbies. Taehyung and Tzuyu just sat in the silence, staring at each other eyes. Once in a while, Tzuyu shifted her gaze on to her plate. Taehyung looked at her playfully yet intensely. He looked at her skin, hair, eyes, and her lips. He observed how she eats, how she flipped her hair, and how she zoned out when she feels irritated with her food. He thought she's cute and pure. He suddenly felt surprised when she caught his eyes.
"Seems like you don't really like the food", he smiled widely.
"A.. Ne?", She stuttered, made Taehyung chuckled. "Should we talk in private after this?", he leaned her head closer and whispered to her. Tzuyu blinked her eyes, confused and didn't know what to do actually. They were staring each other for a long time, and suddenly Mr. Chou and Mr. Kim lifted their bodies. They already finished eating their food and slowly walking to the office room of Mr. Chou. Moms and the children knew they wanted to talk about business. The moms were busy talking about new jewelries and furniture. Taehyung then stood up, asking for permission, "Mrs. Chou, do you mind if I talk to Tzuyu? Hmm.. in private?"
Mrs. Chou moved her head to face Taehyung , "Of course you can. I guess you don't like to join us talking about women stuffs, right?", Taehyung nodded, "Tzuyu, can you show Taehyung our backyard?"
Tzuyu nodded, "Ne, omma. This way, oppa" Taehyung then followed Tzuyu, went to her backyard. They reached Chou family's back yard. The view was so beautiful and green. Taehyung followed Tzuyu to a bench behind a tree. They sat on that bench, examined surroundings. They were so awkward.
"I haven't introduced myself properly", Taehyung broke the silence. Tzuyu turned her head to the right side, looking at Taehyung's face shyly. "Kim Taehyung imnida. Nice to meet you.", he offered his hand.
"Nice to meet you too", she smiled. Taehyung felt something up to his stomach. As if some butterflies up to his stomach and tickled him. Her smile seduced him. He lost his sense for a while.
"Taehyung -ssi, where do you study?", suddenly she asked about his school. Taehyung was a bit surprised because she's the first girl who asked him about school in their first meeting.
"Ah.. I study at Global Cyber University, majoring business international", he answered calmly, "and please don't be too formal, just call me oppa"
Tzuyu felt so nervous when he asked to call him "oppa", but she still had to control her emotion and facial expression. "Op..pa, do you like reading books?", she asked randomly due to her nervousness. Taehyung was mesmerized by her. He couldn't believe it! After asking about school, now she's asking about reading books. Some people might get annoyed with those questions, especially in the first meeting. However, Taehyung felt different. He thought this girl is interesting.
"Hmm... not really. Wae?", the answer made the girl a bit disappointed. She tried to hide it but Taehyung already knew. He smiled secretly. Actually, that answer was said in purpose. He wanted to know her reaction and characteristic and yes, Tzuyu surprised him. She became a talk active girl who explained about her favorite books and why people need to read books. She started to feel comfortable. Strangely, it didn't make Taehyung afraid, annoyed, or even hated her. He also felt the same. The conversation became smooth. Taehyung and Tzuyu could open their eyes and hearts, involving in every question and every reason they talked until they saw a sunset in the sky.

***

It's been six months after their first meeting. Taehyun and Tzuyu already knew each other phone number. They've been texting each other for six months. Taehyung started to like Tzuyu, but he hasn't had a chance to confess yet. However, he already knew her characteristic and her habits. Unfortunately, they never met again after that. They communicate through cell phone, texting and sometimes calling. Even though every time he texts or calls her, Tzuyu always talks about books first, he never gets bored.
"Oppa, do you know "The Mischievous Smile" Book? It's novel actually", he could hear her voice through the phone. Taehyung laid his body on the bed, strumming his acoustic guitar once in a while.
"What's that?"
"It's a novel about a man who's trapped in his own jealousy. I haven't read the novel yet, oppa", She explained it excitedly. Taehyung just gave her a so" sigh.
"It's a self-improvement book?", He raised his eyebrows.
"No! It's a novel. Thriller or psychological novel maybe?", She said. Taehyung just wanted to answer, suddenly someone knocked his door. It's his father. "Son, can I talk to you in my room?" Taehyung nodded and gave his father a sign that he would go there after his call.
"Tzu, I'm sorry. My father wants to talk to me. I'll call you later ok?", He heard Tzuyu said "Hmm". It means she agreed. Taehyung then put his guitar beside his bed, put his cell phone on the bed. He went to his father's room, wondering what he wanted to talk about.

***

A week later,
He throws down all his books. It's not because he hates the books, it's because his anger towards himself. His father told him that they will stay in US for at least three years or more because of his father business. All family members will go there, including Taehyung . He will leave Korea for a long time and he hasn't told Tzuyu yet. He can't even meet her because of their school activities and her place which is far from him. The most important thing is he hasn't told her his feeling yet. He wanted to say it since he gave the info, but he doesn't know how to start.
So here he is, standing in front of his window, rain's pouring down. He tries to calm himself and takes a deep breath, trying to think what he will say to Tzuyu. He grabs his cell phone, calling for her. It doesn't take a long time for her to accept his call. Tzuyu sounds excited, "Oppa! Why you never call me again?" She says it directly. Taehyung just loses his sense for a while. "Oppa? Yoboseyo?" She asked again.
"Ah, mian. Tzu, I want to talk about something"
"Why you have to get my permission?", Tzuyu just giggled, it makes Taehyung feels guiltier, "I'm listening oppa"
"Tzu, I guess I like you"
Both of them remain silent. Taehyung doesn't have a gut to talk about it any further, what he wants to say right now is he will go to US in a few days and how to make Tzuyu doesn't hate him after the confession.
"Tzuyu?" "Hmm?",

"I will go to US", He says it slowly. They remain silent again. This time Taehyung can hear her deep sigh. "For how long, oppa?", she finally breaks the silence, expecting a good news.
"I don't know, Tzuyu. Maybe three years or more", he actually chokes up, but he has to control his emotion. He doesn't want to say goodbye like this. Even he hasn't met her yet. For God shakes! And now he has to leave her.
"Isn't it mean, oppa?", she says bluntly, makes Taehyung startled. "What do you mean?"
"You confessed your feeling a few minutes ago and then you said you'll leave me?", she says it clearly, actually she's holding her tears but it cannot be noticed. "You just gave me an empty hope"
Taehyung blinks his eyes slowly, lying on his bed. He gives her a so" sigh, "I know, Tzuyu. But this is the only chance to say to you"
"I'll be waiting then", she says innocently. Taehyung can't believe her answer. He asked her whether she really will be waiting for him or not, several times.
"Then, I'll come home as soon as I can", he says, "I promise you, I'll contact you when I arrive"
"Ok then. Take care, oppa", she says and ends the phone immediately. He can feel her disappointment, but this is the only chance. It actually makes him relief. She will be waiting for him and he will come home as soon as he can. Still, it's like there's a hollow in his heart now.