Sudden Enlightenment

It's 3 am in the morning, an hours after Tzuyu's went out from the operation room and moved to ICU. Taehyung still sits in front of the ICU room, leaning his head on the wall. He just got out from the ICU room because his parents and Mrs. Chou are inside. His eyes are red, he looks awful and exhausted. Once in a while, he rubs his forehead. Some nurses and people that walk through the ICU room are looking at him, because of his face. His left cheek looks so red. Making some people wonders what happened to him. He doesn't mind them. He just feels so tensed and guilty. The truth is he was slapped so hard by his own father in front of his mother and mother in law. Mr. Kim and Mrs. Chou were crying seeing the scene. Even Mrs. Chou tried to stop his father action. He is extremely mad at him because of the accident. He thought Taehyung is the one who responsible of the accident. He cannot protect his wife. He blamed him and felt disappointed of him.
He blinks his eyes several times, makes sure that it's just a dream, the worst dream that could ever happened to him, but it isn't. The accident just happened so fast. He remembers what the doctor said an hour ago. He lost his child, and the worst is Tzuyu is in critical condition. She lost a lot of blood, luckily they have the same blood type so he can give her him, and there are some bones that are broken. He doesn't know what to do. His anger and hatred towards her are gradually disappeared.
"You get your suspension. You cannot come to the office for a month. I already told Jungkook that he will handle everything", suddenly his father out of the room, says it coldly to his beloved son,
"And I will call the experts from Seoul to examine her"
He just raises his head, looking at his father silently.
"And don't you dare talk to me until she wakes up", then he leaves the ICU room, followed by her mother who covers her mouth with her hand, still sobbing. She just pats his shoulder lightly. A few minutes later, he enters the room slowly. Mrs. Chou is still there, her hand is stroking Tzuyu's hair. Once in awhile, she wipes her own tears with her palm. Taehyung stands blankly. It pinches his heart, destroys it into pieces. Well, he cannot describe his feeling right now, all he knows that it's hurt and so wrong. If she doesn't forgive him, he knows that he deserves it from the beginning. He slowly comes near them, staring at Mrs. Chou face.

"I'm... sorry", he says softly as if "The Great" Kim Taehyung turns into a pathetic coward. Mrs. Chou turns her head to face him and smiles. She stops stroking her daughter's hair.
"It's not your fault. It's an accident", she tries to look strong but her eyes tell the truth.
"If we didn't fight, it would never happened". She offers her hands and smiles, motions her to get closer.
"My son, I don't blame you", she sighs hardly, looking back at her daughter silently.
"Maybe God has a better plan for us".
Taehyung is speechless. He curses himself inside. How come he can be so cruel to her daughter? How come he makes her sad because of the accident that suffered Tzuyu? He knows that Tzuyu's parents are kind, just like Tzuyu. But, he hates her daughter who cheats on him. Hated her before. Now he really cannot describe how he's feeling to her. Does the hatred still remain there? Does he love her? Or he's actually trying to deal with situation? Yes. He can guarantee that he loves her but the relationship is getting more complicated. If he doesn't love her, he wouldn't check her every night secretly in her bedroom. If he doesn't love her, he wouldn't waste his time to check her menu every day to Mrs. Jang, especially when she's pregnant. But there is something, something that forces him to hate her. He just doesn't know what and why.
"You must be tired. I already asked Mr. Kang to carry you home"
"It's ok. I'm not tired", she is tired but she refuses him because she wants to be with her daughter.
Taehyung holds her hands, staring at her.
"Please, Omoni. Let me be with her. I want to be with her", he says sincerely. She can feel that. Afterwards, she just nods her head and walks to the lobby, leaving him with Tzuyu.

***

It's been two days since Tzuyu's miscarriage. But, he never left her. He always stays by her side, holding her hand and caressing her cheek. Once in a while, he's kissing her hand, hoping that it can make her wake up faster. However, Tzuyu is still unconscious on her bed with the oxygen tank beside her. He also cannot sleep. That's why there is a dark circle under his eyes.
Today, his mother and Mrs. Chou come to the hospital. They want to stay there, accompanying her. Taehyung refuses their request, of course. He just feels that he cannot leave her. They're trying to coax him hardly but he's a bit stubborn. Mrs. Kim then scolds him, provoking him that he needs to take a bath and change his clothes because he's actually smelly. Taehyung finally surrenders and goes home.
When he arrives at home, he doesn't go to the bathroom directly. He moves his feet upstairs, going to Tzuyu's room. He reaches the doorknob and enters the room. He examines the room, her bed, her half-opened wardrobe, bookshelf, table and small single sofa. Her scents roams through the air. He misses her. He wants her to be there actually. Step by step, he comes near her stuffs. He approaches her bookshelf, finding some books that she is currently reading. His gaze stopped when he sees a familiar novel. He takes it and reads the cover, "The Mischievous Smile". He remembers that Tzuyu suggested this book before he left Korea, but he never has a chance to read it.