Second Chances

He had a bad dream again last night, although he's not drunk. He wakes up in the morning with awful face. He is sweating badly. He dreamed about Tzuyu last night. The dream is similar to his dream before the accident. The worst is he saw her dead body. He won't let it happen again. He doesn't want to lose her. No. He confessed that he did a big mistake. But, he doesn't let anyone or anything take her from him. The conversation between him and DJ Kwon is torturing him actually. He has to do something to get her back, to get her heart again.
He then lifts up his body and takes a glass of water on the table to clear his mind. His eyes narrow at something on the table, her journal. He quickly grabs the journal, reads it again from the beginning. He reads all she ever wanted, her feelings towards them. He will do everything to have her again, including their honeymoon to Italy. He has to try, he doesn't want to wait until tomorrow. He cannot wait actually, His guilty feeling and longing are torturing him slowly. Tzuyu really has a big influence for his life. Shortly, he wants to meet her, he needs her.
He then hurriedly takes a shower and grabs his car key. He knows where he should go. His heart knows.

***

The weather is good today. The wind blows smoothly through the window. Tzuyu goes outside her room for the first time after she arrived at her home. She moves her body to the living room where the grand piano is. It's been a long time since she touched a piano. Taehyung kept asking her to play the piano back then. He wanted her to let her emotion out through it. It made her hate playing piano for a while, because Kim Taehyung requested her to do that. He has hurt her, it's true. That's why she decided to come back home, making Taehyung let her be in her home. She actually doesn't hate him. She just cannot trust him yet, remembering what he's done to her. However, it must be a lie, if she doesn't miss him. She's missing him, but her heart is not ready yet to give him a chance.
She tries to put her fingers on the piano key. She doubly pushes them, challenging herself to start again. She finally plays it with harmony, closing her eyes to enjoy the rhythm. Her fingers then play a song emotionally. The first song is Dream by Yiruma, her favorite since high school. She enjoys it until someone suddenly hugs her from behind. Tzuyu opens her eyes and stops for a while, she knows this scent, familiar scent, something that made her addicted back then.
"I miss you".

She feels someone kisses her hair deeply, making her cannot continue her playing. She gasps unconsciously, hearing a deep voice from a man.
"I miss you, Chou Tzuyu", he then puts his head on her shoulder. He sits on the edge of the chair and circles her waist, hugged her petite figure tighter. Tzuyu continues her playing, doesn't know what to say.
"I know you don't miss me", he adds. He then closes his eyes, enjoying her scent and the music from the piano. It's relaxing actually.
"Baby, should we go to Italy?", he sniffs her scent deeply. Tzuyu stops playing the piano. She suddenly turns her head to face him, showing him a questioning look. He moves his head, staring at her eyes. He leans his head closer. He's trying to kiss her but Tzuyu avoids him, making him just kiss her cheeks. Tzuyu feels her heart beats faster.
"Tzuyu, please forgive me", he says sincerely, still circling her waist. Tzuyu remains silent. She closes her eyes slowly, relishing his hug. She doesn't even realize that her tears start to fall. Why it is so difficult to forgive him? She loves him and vice versa, but it's still hurt. Taehyung is a bit startled seeing her tears. He gently wipes her tears, even though it keeps falling.
"Please don't cry", he says softly.
"please... I cannot see you cry again". He pleaded and cups her face.
"Hh...op..pa", she speaks hardly.
"Please, I'm begging you", he then leans to her face, nose to nose. Both of them close their eyes, sharing their misery.
"I want to be with you. I'm sorry for everything". He kisses her lips gently and smoothly. Luckily, Tzuyu doesn't refuse it, even she kisses him back. In fact, a part of her tries to resist it.
He suddenly breaks the kiss, looking at her eyes deeply.
"I feel so miserable without you. Please, forgive me. I cannot live without you. I got my karma, Tzuyu". He then hugs her tight, inhaling her scent. He feels her head nodding weakly.
"So, can we go to Italy now?", he then breaks the hug, cupping her face again and pecking her lips. Tzuyu doesn't say anything, she just nods her head shyly, making him curve his lips.

***

Taehyung POV
I never feel like this. I live without her just for a few months and I feel like I cannot breathe. I'm still alive but hardly breathe. That day, I decided to meet her after reading her journal again. I threw away my pride and prejudice, just for Chou Tzuyu. I don't care about them anymore. The most important thing now is her. I did my mistake, I know. But I know she still loves me and I don't want to give up. That day, I came to her and luckily she accepted me. It's not 100%, but at least she tried to accept me. I felt so blessed because of that. Tzuyu and I went to Italy for two weeks after that day. If I had to choose one of the most amazing moments in my life, our honeymoon in Italy would be the top of that. We enjoyed it. Well, Tzuyu didn't talk too much that day, even she hadn't shown her smile yet. But, I could feel that she enjoyed the trip. We're going to several restaurants there, searching for the japchae in town, after all I cannot move on from my favorite dish. After that, we went to Duomo, Milan Cathedral. We prayed for our future. I stood beside Tzuyu while staring at her secretly. She's like an angel living in the church. I grabbed her hands to the chapel and held them, looking at her eyes deeply. I don't care about several people who're looking at us. I said my wedding vow once again. I remarried her in front of God and the priest. Then I kissed her. After that, she's smiling. For the first time since long time ago and I felt my heart flattered. That is one of the most beautiful views I've ever seen.
It's not an easy life, it's true. But, luckily it's getting better. Although sometimes Tzuyu still makes a distance. I understand that. I realize I have to gain her trust again, and it's not easy. As long as she wants me to stay, then I'll stay.

Six months after our honeymoon, she's pregnant again. Well, I already said that it's not easy, and it's true. It took a long time to open her heart again. We did it. Yes. And it's without compulsion. Now, we're waiting for the baby. I accompany her to check her pregnancy every month. She's my priority now and I will protect them. Both the baby and the mother. I promise to make her happy. I will never do it again, my mistake. Truthfully, I am grateful now. I am happy, and I cannot ask for more.

THE END ~

Finally it's come to the end. thank you to all the reader who support this story , thank you so much that some of you even give a vote. I really appreciated it. I hope all of you enjoy reading this story. And again lots of love and thanks from me 😊🥰