The Snake

The next day, the snow that had begun the night before had turned into a full-on blizzard, canceling the last Herbology class before our Christmas break started. Ron and Hermione used this free time to play a game of wizards chess, while I playfully dangled a string in front of Bluebelle, who tried to catch it in vain. She was very glad that I had extra time off to entertain her.

Harry, on the other hand, chose to pace back and forth in front of the fireplace, upset that he won't be able to apologize to Newt.

"For heaven's sake, Harry," I groaned, finally letting go of the string, causing Bluebelle to grab it in glee. "Go and find Newt if it's so important to you."

"I don't know where he is," Harry fretted, sitting down on the couch next to me.

I stretch my neck before grabbing Ella and walking over to help Harry off the couch, "Come on. I will help you look." Although I personally thought Harry was insane. Newt was fine, and I am sure he wasn't that affected.

And with that Harry got up from the couch and walked straight to the portrait hole, with me following after him, with a confused Bluebelle in my hands.

"I think the best place to look first would be the library," I look at Harry as we walk to the stairs, "He might be catching up on work."

Harry nodded and we began to walk up the stairs to the library, with Bluebelle following after us, carefully going up every step.

As we walked inside, and looked around but couldn't find him anywhere.

But there was a group of Hufflepuff students from our Herbology lesson, sitting in the back.

"Wait let's ask them," I tell Harry as he begins to walk out.

"Why would they know where Newt is," Harry asks me doubtfully.

I roll my eyes as I pull him over, "Hufflepuffs are known to be extremely social. I am sure they have heard about where he is at this time. And I know for certain that every girl in Hufflepuff keeps tabs on him. They love him over in that house."

Harry agreed and nodded his head to go to them.

I was walking towards them to see if they knew where to hind Newt when Harry yanked me back pulling me behind a row of bookshelves.

"Harry?" I look at him confused, "What do you think you are —"

"Shh," Harry said placing his finger in front of his lips.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I look at the group of second years with Harry. They seemed to be having a secret conversation by the way they were all huddled together. Justin was not present.

"So anyway," a stout boy was saying, "I would have told Newt to hide up in his dormitory for today. And I would tell Princes Ella to ask Dumbledore if she could stay with him. I mean to say, if Potter's marked them down as his next victim, it's best if they keep away from him for a while. Of course, Princess Ella's been waiting for something like this to happen ever since she decided to stay friends with him after the whole Mrs. Norris incident. That's not the kind of thing you do with Slytherin's heir, is it?"