What is Elite?

The dictionary defines it as someone who is superior, who's abilities supersede the average man. In short, it means the best of the best.

Our definition is just a tad bit different.

When our founders fallynsinclair and CarsonFaircloth hosted the first Elite Awards in the summer of 2019, their mission was to find Wattpad's gems. The stories that were pushed to the wayside in favor of the generic and cliche. The writers whose style were uniquely their own, who pushed the boundaries of literature to deliver beautiful works of storytelling that were exciting and new. We wanted to find Wattpad's Elite.

Because to us, elite means a writer who cares about their craft. Who's always open to new ideas and constructive criticism, but who also has a voice of their own. For our Elite Community, we are searching for those who are looking for exactly that — a community. A place where we as writers can come together and build each other up, utilizing each other's unique points of view to raise our stories to the next level. 

But more than that, we strive to be a resource for others. Somewhere people can come whether they need help with their stories, or need a cover commissioned, or even a new reader that will love their story just as much as they do. Though we plan to keep our team small, our mission to help our fellow Wattpad writers is a big one.

So yes, elite does mean the best of the best. But for us, it means the writer who works hard everyday to better themselves, one page at a time.

Does this sound like you? Read on to get to know us just a little bit better.