prologue.

prologue.

As a young girl living in the tiny island of Madeira, Portugal, Adelaida Vieira was raised in the Catholic devotion. She attended service every single day of the week without fail and was a good Catholic girl. She learned this way of life from her grandmother, who had been just as devout as Adelaida now was her entire life. Her mother, on the other hand, was more laid back and never forced her children to be religious. 

Adelaide figured that was why she herself was so religious.

She had friends whose parents forced them to follow the rules of the church and they dreaded attending service each week, often rebelling against their faith. But Adelaide loved nothing more than praising the higher being that loved her unconditionally. She saw attending church as a way to get closer to the Lord on a spiritual level.

The only time she remembered doing something she knew God wouldn't like was when her mother went to one of her friends, who was a fortune-teller. Mrs. Vieira was always worrying about the future when all her young daughter wanted most was to enjoy the present and God's gifts.

She was six years old then, but the woman's words were engraved in her mind instantly.

"I see...a man. A man with a name you praise every second of every day. He will change your life forever. He will make you feel things that go against everything you believe in." The woman told Adelaida.

Her mother laughed it off, taking the woman's words lightly. "I think the tarot cards have lied to you this time." She said, "Of all my children, little Adelaida is the most conservative. She's everything my mother would have wanted me to be. She's only six years old and her favorite place to visit is the church!"

The twenty-three year old young woman knew not what the woman referred to back then.

Until she met him.

-

my hands smell like macaroni and cheese. ew.

i was trying to make mac&cheese balls for dinner (a recipe i learned from chef hubert keller on the cooking channel), but i couldn't because i needed to bread them and fry them. but my mum finished all the eggs this morning. 

anyway, i hope you all like the start of this. i will try to update again as soon as possible.

thank you.

i love you.

-clary xx