MALFOY, SIRIUS BLACK

"Godric, what the hell happened to you?"

Malfoy | Sirius Black

word count: 1,050

warning: bullying

"That's right, go back to the hell hole you came from"

"Here, Prongs. Do you reckon she's one of them or is she's just friends with death eaters?"

"Does it matter? Probably both, she's still a piece of Slytherin shit," That one got a roomful of snickers.

She turned around to their smug faces and flipped them all off.

The taunts and laughter from the four boys carried down the stone walls of the corridor as y/n made her way back to the Slytherin Common Room. Before she walked in to face the fire, she wiped away her tears, which she thankfully hadn't let them see, and tightened her grip on her books.

The elegantly furnished room was filled with students of all ages, wearing matching green and black robes. Y/n usually avoided this time, preferring to be already back in her room before the rush of her peers after dinner. Standing in front of the girl's dormitories was the reason why.

Tall and blonde, he was the reason why most of the Slytherin girls swooned, and why y/n lived in fear of being in the dungeons. Lucius Malfoy.

"Well, well well. Is this place finally good enough for you?" He sneered, giving his goons sly smiles that made her skin crawl. Although it was a misunderstanding, Lucius Malfoy was under the impression that y/n thought herself too good to be in Slytherin, coming from a long line of Gryffindor's. In fact, it was quite the opposite, weighing up her traits and what she valued, she thought that it was completely fair that she ended up in the house she was in, it was her parents that were not happy about it, and they tortured her about it every single holiday.

"Very happy where I am Malfoy, thanks for asking. I find it more strange that you're here, wasn't there some sort of birthday party for Voldemort that you're missing. Heard that your dad was hired as the clown," She gave an equally taunting smile back. Lucius turned frightfully red.

She felt the sting on her cheek before she heard his words. His voice was faint over the sound of ringing in her ears. She knew that the hit he had given her would bruise in the morning.

"Don't you dare talk about my father. He's involved with the Dark Lord, not that it's any of your business. A lot better than your traitorous coward of a father," He spat at her, and walked away, laughing as he went.

All she could do was lie down on her four-poster bed, head still throbbing.

----

She had been right. Y/n woke up to a cheek of deep purple and blue, a constant reminder of her fight with Lucius the day before.

In Potions, she quietly slipped into her seat beside Sirius Black, praying that he wouldn't make another scene in front of the class, and tried to concentrate on the lesson.

Unfortunately, Slughorn had other plans and set the class to work in partners on a new potion. As she predicted, Black was quick to pass the work on to her.

"Right, y/l/n, so I was thinking that you could st-" He turned to face her for the first time during the lesson and his eyes widened in shock.

"-Godric, what the hell happened to you?". He pushed her hair out of the way and stared at the bruise covering the right side of her face.

She pushed his hands out of the way, uncomfortable with his sudden intense gaze.

"Nothing, leave me alone," She tried to go back to her work, unsuccessfully.

"That is not nothing y/l/n. Who did that to you?" He asked, something like concern flashing in his eyes. That was out of character for Sirius Black, y/n thought.

"It's none of your business, Black. Last time I checked, it was you shouting threats at me across the room. Who cares if somebody else decided to carry them out, huh?" Y/n owed him no explanation for what happened between her and Lucius.

"Someone else? There can't be somebody else, that's the whole reason that me and Prongs torm-" Sirius looked like he was ready to burst, with a look of rage and confusion.

Y/n had had enough of his ramblings.

"Look, Black. Contrary to what you might think, not everybody in Slytherin sides with Death Eaters, and when you don't, well, let's just say that Malfoy has a thing or two to say about it," She gave him her final word and went back to her work for good this time.

"Malfoy did this? Godric, he's done it this time. He's as good as dead." Sirius pushed back his stool and stood up angrily from the desk that they shared. Luckily, Professor Slughorn was too busy gushing over Remus' essay.

"Merlin, Black! What do you think you're doing! Get back here!" Y/n whispered, as she followed Sirius into the corridor where he was pacing. She readied herself to have another screaming match with him.

"Can you stop for one second?! Malfoy bullies everybody, you know that Black. He's...a complete moron, he's bloody mental, everybody knows it," She tried to reason with him, but he continued to slap his boots angrily against the ground and rub his eyes with his fists.

"What?" She tried to laugh it off, "Upset that you weren't the one there to give me this hell of a shiner?"

He stopped and looked up at her, all trace of anger leaving his face. His mouth slanted into a smirk before he could catch himself.

"No, merlin y/l/n, it's you who's the complete moron. I'm upset because.." He started before shaking his head and stopping himself, laughing dryly.

"I don't have all day Black, come on, I have a tea party with Malfoy this afternoon. Because, why?" Again, he almost smiled.

"Because..." He made his way over to her until there was only an inch of space between them.

"Why Sirius, go on, say it," She whispered lightly.

"Screw it," Sirius whispered back, before cupping y/n's cheeks and kissing her.