Chapter 23: Lyra-Bella Cassiopeia Malfoy

Salvum Me Ex Animo // Save Me From The Heart 

          I re-read the letter in my hand before I sealed the silver and green envelope with the Malfoy family crest. I handed the letter to my Snowy Owl. 

          "Find him Jet," I say. Jet coos and grabs the letter between his sharp beak. I open the window and watch as the bright white owl disappears into the sky. He was a gorgeous owl, completely white with only a few spots, but he was old. I had a younger snowy owl as well, Kaya. She is white with an abundance of black specks. I love her greatly and she is an amazingly fast flyer, however, she tends to have a mind of her own and this is a job that required a levelheaded and more serious owl. 

          Kaya screeches a complaint from her post in the corner of my room

          Kaya screeches a complaint from her post in the corner of my room. I laugh and walk over to her. She cringes away from me as I try to pet her soft feathers. I pet her anyway even as she makes little noise of protest, she's a sassy owl and it's always gotta be her way or no way. Kind of like Andy. 

         I felt bad for Andy, I don't think she's as emotionless as she tries to make people think she is. I still remember her suicide incident a while back, and not too long ago when she asked me for a hug. And cried. It's not often you see it but her walls do come down, they have. She fell in love with a Weasley for one. When I got hurt she seemed worried, same with when Draco had been hospitalized by the chosen one himself. I worry about her, and what she may do if she doesn't confide in someone. She's not okay, and that's obvious to me. She hides it well but I've known her for so long I can tell. Maybe I don't know the extent of her pain or the specifics, but I wish I did. I wish she would just talk to me.  I wish she would tell me what I can do to help her. 

          I pushed aside my worries temporarily as I moved over to settle on my bed. I pulled out a small muggle notebook, a gift from Jaiden, and stared with a sad smile at the cover. It was navy blue, with stars dispersed around the cover.  In the centre were two small, golden lines, with curved lines on the top and bottom to connect the two lines. Under the symbol in neat writing was Gemini.

          Jaiden had introduced me to Astrology last year and I found it quite fascinating

          Jaiden had introduced me to Astrology last year and I found it quite fascinating. My brother and I were Gemini's. Which I find Ironic as Gemini is represented by The Twins. Jaiden is a Libra. I opened the notebook and flipped through the pages. I kept memories in this book, thoughts, dreams, hopes, worries. It helped with my anxiety. I stared at the last page I had written in. Dried tear stains dotted the paper and my writing was frantic. The breakup. That was the last time I let myself feel anything. Since then I put my emotions aside and tried to forget about everything. And fuck that was probably the worst thing I could have done. But I did what I had to do to get my job done.