9

Once the school day is finally over, I go up to the roof. After all, no one is going to stop me. Because even if they didn't see the joker fight, they'll know of it because rumors in this school spread like wildfire.

Once I'm on top of the roof, I sit, and gather my hair towards me. I sigh. Today has been a long day. I need some alone time. But, luck isn't on my side.

Evie comes up the stairs, her face the very picture of distress. 

"What happened?" I ask.

"It's Roland! I need your help....a mid teir....please come with me!!"

She grabbs my wrist and we run to where Roland is.

When she sees him, he is fighting a mid teir. He's pretty good at it, I'll give him that. But he doesn't stand a chance against the ability of the stronger girl.

"Take this!" She shouts as she kicks him in the back.

"AGH!" He shouts, clearly in pain. I activate my ability, but don't do anything just yet. Instead I focus of freezing his wounds, so that he doesn't loose any more blood.

"THAT'LL TEACH YOU FOR WALKING INTO ME!"

"N-no...it was an accident...I swear!"

Before she has a chance to kick him again, I calmly walk towards Roland, and gesture for Evie to come over. 

"Excuse me." I say, quietly and calmly. "What gives you the right to do this?" By what she says next, I don't think she's recognized me yet. But she will...and when she does, she'll regret this. 

"Oh I see his low teir friend has come to the rescue, how cute."

"That statement would've been accurate until little over a week ago."

I watch, smiling, as her eyes widen in recognition as she finally sees my hair.

"You- your...ah I'm sorry! I was j-just teaching him a lesson you see"

"..." My grin doesn't waver and she is getting visibly uncomfortable.

"C-can I go n-now?"

"Don't hurt my friends" I lower my body temperature to -272°c, which is as low as it is possible for me to go, and freeze her shoes to the ground. She is panicking and her eyes widen as I start to walk towards her.

"I-I'm s-sorry! P-please d-don't hurt me! I won't attack y-your f-friends again!"

"I'm glad we have come to an understanding" I say right before I hug her, my body temperature deadly. I can feel her clothes freezing, and she is about to pass out right before I let go. I deactivate my ability, and walk away, leaving her shivering on the ground. I look to Evie and Roland. 

"You guys coming?"

"Yeah...thanks for doing that"

"No worries, any time. What's the point of being powerful if you can't protect your friends?"

"Can you help me carry him to the infirmary?"

"Sure thing"

I activate my ability once again, and try to make a guy out of ice. It's a long shot, but what's the harm in trying? A tall ice figure appears, and I focus on making his limbs move to pick up Roland. All the students around us are gazing in wonder and their wide eyes seem to be asking the same question:

What the hell is this girl's ability level?

I wonder what they would do if they knew.

I smile.

I walk with Evie, Roland and my ice figure to the infirmary, where we drop him off and then head back to the dorm.

*Small time skip*

Once we are at the dorms, I deactivate my ability and the ice man disappears without a trace. Well I had no idea that I could do that. I wonder what else I can do?

I'm just about to start talking to Evie when there's a knock at the door. We open it, and two people are standing out there. The previous king, (Who Evie told me is called Arlo) and Seraphina.

"Hi?" I ask. "What are you guys doing here?"

Seraphina says that she was here to pay Evie a visit, and Arlo says that he's here to talk to me about turf wars. 

Seraphina and Evie walk into her room and Arlo smirks at me, trying to intimidate me. But I know that I could defeat him without lifting a finger, so keep a cool smile on my face. Seeing this, his smug expression faulters, and I stifle a laugh. 

"So, turf wars huh? What about them?"

"I think you should dethrone Remi and join our roster" No hesitation there.

"..."

"Why aren't you replying? You're clearly stronger than all of us combined. And by the way, what is your ability level- you never did tell me"

"I'll tell you, but you sure as hell won't believe me"

He chuckles. "I'll believe you"

"You sure?"

"Just tell me already!" He says, activating his ability to try to intimidate me.

"18.8" I say it bluntly, then put a small smile on my face, tilting my head down.

"W-what? Surely you must be joking!!"

"I said that you wouldn't believe me"

"B-but this...this is crazy...I-I didn't even know that it was possible..."

"Neither did I, honestly, until it became my reality."

I hear subtle footsteps heading away from us, and I look for the culprit. 

Arlo is still processing the fact that he knows someone whos ability is over 10, and so hasn't noticed the snoop.

I can't see anyone, but as soon as I started looking, it sounded as if whoever they are has started running.

They must be invisible.

"Hey you! Come back here!"

I chase after the snoop, not even bothering to activate my ability. Whoever they are, they are a pretty slow runner. Or maybe I've just gotten faster...

I start to notice locks of my long hair floating in the air beside me.

No way...can I?....it's worth a try...

I stop, and focus on sending my hair across the corridor towards my target.

I hear a cry of pain as my hair wraps around the snoop's ankles, causing them to drop to the ground. 

And all of that without even activating my ability.

I wrap my hair around their waist, and lift them up so that they are facing me.

I activate my ability.

"Deactivate your ability" I say. Somehow I can feel them shaking, even though I'm only holding them with my hair.

"Now."

​​​​​​​​​​​​