negative one

I saw him today.

I had gotten in trouble for fighting with some guy in I saw him today.

I had gotten in trouble for fighting with some guy in the locker rooms during first period, so it landed me in the front office. out came aiden, the bastard I beat just ten minutes ago, glaring holes at my face. he had a black eye and I was proud to admit I caused it.

he left the office after walking past me and muttering "faggot". it took all my willpower not to smash his face right then and there.

principal gordon leaned against the door to his office and beckoned me inside. with a sigh, I stood up and dusted my black nirvana shirt before making my way inside the office.

a boy came inside the office when I stood up. he trailed behind an older woman, whom I assumed was his mum, and tugged at the sleeves of his dark grey oversized sweater. the brown curly hair and hazel eyes only added to the innocent look.

we caught stares for a few seconds before his mum tugged him away. "come on ashton, we need to get you signed in" I heard her say.

I stayed at the door staring at the new kid. ashton was a nice name, it suited him.

"luke hemmings, in my office now" he warned.

I tore my gaze away from the small boy huddled away from the world and made a vow that I would get to know ashton better.