A New Year

Almost a week had passed since Luca abducted Adele and brought her to Germany. During that week, she tried to escape multiple times, but they all ended the same way. With Luca, Axel, or one of his men catching her and dragging her back to her new home. Dele knew nothing about this country, and it seemed like everyone knew Luca or worked for him. She was exhausted and out of ideas as she laid back, listening to the noise going on outside. It was New Year's Eve, and besides celebrating with the rest, she was stuck in Luca's room, looking at her faded bruises in the mirror. Adele was on punishment, or Luca didn't want people to see what he had done to her. However, she was still trying to make sense of her new life chosen for her and how she could make the best of it.

It was the only thing she could do at this point. No one wanted to help her, and she was tired of being locked away in Luca's room. The only thing she had to do was look at his boring ass walls while she tried to stop herself from pulling out her hair. The fireworks' sounds somewhat eased her mind but also made her think of her little brother. It was peaceful but dreadful to be alone in her thoughts, but it gave her the time she needed to understand the mess she was going through. That was until Luca showed up at 9:30 and clearly drunk, maybe high, or both. She didn't know or care.

"Come downstairs, Schatz have some fun and enjoy your new family." He said as she rolled her eyes. "I'm on punishment, or have you forgotten? Plus, I don't know anyone or speak German. Oh, have you forgotten what my fucking face looks like?" She hissed as he flopped on the bed beside her.

"You're still beautiful, Dele. My entire family speaks English... You're not on punishment; I just don't trust you alone. Or in places I can't keep an eye on you. You know how you like to run, but I brought you food." He smiled, handing her a plate with a smile. "It's a chicken breast and salad. I know you like that healthy shit, so I ensured the cook made you that."

"Thank you... I guess. Hey, can I ask you something?" She asked, ignoring the fact he tried to brush off what she said seconds ago. He loved talking his way around things and changing the subject, but Luca nodded for her to continue.

"Are you not cold— I mean, how the hell are you all outside? It's snowing and twenty or thirty-something degrees out there, if not colder, and you all are out there as if it's summertime." She questioned while he laughed, gripped her by the wrist to slip his hands underneath her shirt, touching her back and stomach.

His hands were freezing, and Luca thought this shit was funny as Dele jumped, pulling both his hands into hers and rubbing them to warm him up. Normally they were at each others throats, so she didn't know what made her do this. She was too nice at times, and most of the time, her niceness got her in trouble, but like many; Adele had a kind and evil side, that she showed her siblings and sometimes her parents which usually got her ass beaten like it did a few days ago. She had to learn to control it because the first three days, every time she saw Luca. Adele would attack him, but he kept his cool.

Besides fighting her, she would restrain her or walk away, but Adele knew he wanted to hit back. It seemed like whatever his father said to him stuck, or he feared what he might do. She had a feeling Luca didn't know his own strength. "That's why I'm glad I stayed in the room. It's freezing out there. I'm not one of your crazy ass white fools." Adele laughed as Luca glared at her as if she said something wrong.

"White? Do I look like the damn wall over there? Let's not categorize each other as you Americans do each other. We are both human and bleed the same color. Plus, I'm tan and German." He said, making Adele bust out laughing.

"Are you serious? Luca German isn't a color.... wait why are you so fucking tan. Do you get in tanning beds to keep your color? But if you are tan, what am I?" She asked, making him look down at his arms, shrugging before looking back at her.