William x Yami

a date

a date

it wasn't very often william got a day he could spend with yami alone, so this one day was quite precious to him.

it was a day they planned a date.

nothing special, just a walk to a secluded picnic area where they would then spend a few hours, having a picnic.

it was yami who came to get william at the golden dawn headquarters. it was william who had all the picnic things in a basket on his forearm. they were strolling through town together.

william had to admit, it was quite a bit embarrassing, how all the townsfolk would whisper around, in awe or not.

it was this embarrassment that stopped william from starting any conversation with his boyfriend while they were in town.

once they'd entered the forest, however, yami regarded him with the same amused side-eye he always gives to william's tongue-tiedness.

"still can't talk much?" his boyfriend chuckled and william couldn't help the bit of nervous weakness his knees gained every time he heard the sound.

"it's rather embarrassing, just how flustered I am when i'm by your side." yami barked a laugh at this fact.

"think your in your poet mood again, talking like you're a damsel or somethin'." yami jousted.

what the glorious fuck am I writing, wondered the very un-glorious author of this djdjdbdjschdjdjsjjx

william chuckled a bit, "it does feel as though i could attempt to serenade you again." he joked along.

seriously, what the shit is this, this is so not what i was trying to do.

"oh? the last time was pretty interesting, can't say i'd stop ya if you tried it again." yami smirked at william.

william laughed in a flustered manner, "i'd rather not, the previous time was embarrassing enough." he cast his gaze to the side away from his boyfriend, remembering something that should never have happened, something he's extremely glad no one but yami witnessed.

yami barked a laugh, pulling william to his side, "you're adorable, all shy, like some lil' gal!" william flustered though he didn't pull away.

they soon reached the clearing where they spent their dates together. the clearing wasn't anything special, though william held it dear to his heart and he just adored watching the fireflies in summer evenings there, or just the view of the sky they had there.

"how've ya been, anyway?" yami asked once they had gotten everything set and had settled down on their picnic blanket.

william looked up at his boyfriend, his head resting on the other's thigh, and smiled his charming smile, "i have been good as always, the squad gained a few stars not too long ago and their missions are all successful, too, of course. how have you been?"

yami lightly hit his boyfriend's head, "I asked how you've been, not your squad. have you been eating well, get enough sleep, drink enough water?" he lightly scolded in a rather uncharacteristically soft manner.

william huffed a laugh, "don't hit my mask!" he scolded lightly. "alright, alright," he yielded upon yami's light glare, "i've been eating fine, i probably could do with a bit more sleep and i do drink enough water. now, your turn." he diverted his gaze from the sky, back to yami.

i am regaining control of this freight train! -cheered the author

yami groaned and leaned back looking up at the sky, "right, i drink enough, sleep fine, i eat bunch, too." then a smirk crossed his features, "my brats've been doing so good we're outta the hole." he bragged.

this surprised william, "weren't you in the negative thirty the last star ceremony?" yami chuckled.

"we were." he was bragging about that, too.

"honestly, i still don't understand how you managed to gain negative stars, and so many, it really was a new kind of achievement."

and so their conversations lead into the evening, some hours were filled with quiet comfort, while others rang with boisterous laughter. it was easy to say, that william would love to stay by yami's side forever.

but they had to pack back up, to return to the rest of the world.

"yami," william addressed him once they had gathered everything and the basket was on his arm again, "let's spend our next date stargazing." he smiled up at yami.

"sure." yami returned the smile.

william leaned up towards yami for a kiss, yami, the bastard that he is, actually leaned back. william lowered back to earth.

yami smiled at william and william just couldn't help the affectionate eye-roll and the smile accompanying it before he leaned up once again, this time, his lips were met by the other's.

their walk back was comfortably silent with only a remark of "cute" from yami.