quince

Jaeden

"Jack-"

"I mean who puts sugar in spaghetti?" Jack yelled. "Cooking shows think they're doing something by telling us to add shit like this to our food. Like, just make normal spaghetti and call it a day."

"Jack-"

"What's daddy yelling about?" Olivia asked me.

"Eat you cereal sweetheart." I told her.

"I mean I understand trying something new, sure go for it, but don't-"

"Jack!" I raised my voice. He stopped talking.

"Did you just, raise your voice at me?" he looked at me.

"We need to go to Wyatt's." I said.

"Why?" he turned off the small tv we had in the kitchen.

"We went yesterday and Carter left his backpack there." I explained.

"Carter, honey didn't you have homework?" Jack looked over at Carter.

He nodded.

"Its fine, you can do it tomorrow." Jack brushed back Carter's hair.

"Don't encourage procrastination." I looked over at him.

"Jaeden you're acting like you never did entire essays the night before they were due. I would know because you would make me help you." Jacked rolled his eyes.

"They didn't need to know that." I grabbed his shoulders and squeezed them.

They laughed.

"Daddy, what were you like when you were a kid?" Carter asked, putting a spoonful of cereal in his mouth.

"Annoying." Jack said.

"Excuse me? Look whose talking." I glared at him.

"You guys, I was so fun to be around." Jack turned to the kids.

"Are you sure about that?" I laughed.

"We would be your friends." Olivia said.

"See? They said they'd be my friends." Jack stuck his tongue out at me.

------------------------------------

"Can I knock?" Carter asked.

"Go for it." I nodded.

A few moments later Wyatt opened the door.

"Hey guys." he smiled. He let us in.

"Sorry to come by at such a random time but Carter left his backpack here the other day." Jack apologized.

"Its fine, its over there by the couch." Wyatt pointed to his couch.

Carter started walking over to the couch when Mason came out.

"Hi Carter." He waved. Carter waved back. "Hi Olivia, Hi uncles."

"Is Y/N here?" I asked. Wyatt nodded.

"Oh is Finn here too? He owes me ten bucks. I told him tennis was a hard sport." Jack sat down.

"No it's just Y/N and the kids." Wyatt said, he sounded kind of bothered.

"Wyatt have you seen Mia's-"

Y/N walked out.

"Oh my god? What happened?" Jack got off the couch and rushed to her.

"Nothing-"

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine," she looked down.

"He did this, didn't he? Is that why you came here with the kids?" Jack looked at her. Y/N didn't say anything. She just looked at us. It was enough to confirm that it was him.

"Come here." Jack pulled her in for a hug. I hugged her along with Jack.

"Hey, why don't you guys go play outside?" Wyatt suggested to the kids. They nodded.

"Are you okay mama?" Mason asked.

Y/N nodded. "Go play baby."

Mason walked to the backyard with the other kids.

"How long has this been going on?" I asked. The three of us sat on the couch.

"A few months." She said quietly.

"A few months?" Wyatt yelled. "You told me it was a few weeks."

"Wyatt," Jack looked over at him. "Not now."

"No, Y/N, why would you lie to me?" Wyatt crouched in front of her.

Wyatt

It broke my heart to see her like this. It felt like the same little girl I took care of the playground was the one going through all of this.

"Y/N, why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"I-I didn't want you get upset." She sniffed.

"My one purpose is to protect my family, and you're my family. There's nothing I wouldn't do for you. You don't have to lie to me." I grabbed her hands.

"Y/N, we all practically grew up together, we're family. We love you and we care about you. We just want to help." Jaeden wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

"I know but I'm not fifteen anymore. I can't just come running to you guys when I don't know what to do or need help. I have to figure these things out on my own." she looked at me.

Y/N

I'd always been so grateful for them. All of them. Even Finn. Growing up they all looked after me, whether I needed it or not.

Wyatt met Jack, Jaeden and Finn in kindergarten. Then I started going to school and Wyatt took it upon himself to take care of me. Anytime he saw another kid bothering me, they all came to defend me. If it was a boy, they'd start a fight, if it was a girl, they'd do their best to scare them off or gross them out.

Finn and I had always had something going on. It was mostly in elementary school but Wyatt made us stop when they reached fourth grade.

I still had a crush on him throughout elementary school. When I got to middle school I realized that my crush was stupid. It felt like a "my brother's best friend" cliché. Finn had already started messing around with girls in middle school and I decided to focus on school and on myself.

When we started dating again my freshman year, something told me we would get married. I'd always felt that he was the one. I always suppressed those thought because I could hear how childish I sounded. But I thought that for a reason. He was my first love. My first everything.

I just wish everything had gone differently.

I wish everything had gone better.

LOOK I UPDATED AGAIN.

this chapter's long as fuck I know, hope you don't mind. im also kinda proud of myself for writing this like a day or two after writing chapter fourteen. idk im tryna spoil you guys since you guys actually like this book. I guess im kinda like your sugar daddy ;)

IM PLAYING

unless you want me to be.

no but seriously, thank you guys so much reading this book and being so understanding. PLEASE COMMENT, I LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS, THEYRE SO FUNNY AND IDK I LIKE IT WHEN YOU GUYS COMMENT.

take care bbys

-k