Chapter 43: Ruthless Deeds

Arthit POV

The moon was shining over the land and the stars are twinkling. A perfect night for ruthless deeds.

I was tied on a chair, my hands were cuffed. I woke up from my unconscious state five minutes ago. P'John had placed a binding spell on it, so that I was unable to use my magic.

I heard distant footsteps, a figure looming through the stoned floor, the 18th century brick remnants were splayed all over the place. This lighthouse was abandoned yet the light is still working above turning round and round.

I tipped my head, practically only part of my body can move. I can only watch the figure as its cape flaps behind him.

"We meet again, Arthit." It was Kobra. He stepped closer in front of him. The instant he showed his face, he' was more human-looking than demonic. His pale skin radiated from the moonlight.

Something moved...or rather slithering up his arm.  A 7 feet long snake wrapping around his shoulders. I recognized it's a king cobra. It had olive green skin with black and white bands on the trunk. It hissed at me, greeting me with open hood.

"Do you know that baby cobras are more venomous than adults? They  haven't learned how to control the venom they secrete. It can inject a full-dose if threatened. That's what you are, Arthit. You are like a baby cobra." Kobra grinned.
The snake's head moved on the other side. 

Am I going to turn into a full shadow curse when I can finally have conjur this darkness inside me? Or worse, I'll turn into a demon?

As usual that was the first ridiculous thing that comes to my mind. I didn't particularly like it when I was not in control.

Bright saw me turned into something else. I wasn't feeling it nor did I have an obssession with dark magic and always wear black.

When Kobra noticed I was holding a cold stare, he started walking around me. "Let's forget the past, shall we?" His tone somehow indicating something else.

"What is it that you want from me?" I asked. Funny when I should be in drowning in my own fear, that one of the oldest and the strongest demons of hell was trying to intimidate me.

But I stayed calm and put up my feisty attitude. Thanks for Kongpob for that,  during a mission on the Chapel. 

"I want you to join me."

After a pause, a mocking laugh escaped my mouth."I know why you want me to join you, because you're afraid of me." 

I was lost in thoughts with a lingering question of why's before he got here. Kobra was afraid because of my lineage.

"I'm one of the strongest demons in hell, little wizard. I'm something you can conceive of. I'm the poison of this world—"

I interrupted his speech. "I get it, you're evil. Yada yada yada. Do we have to talk about it all day?"

"Oh, Arthit. What am I going to do with you?"

"Untie these cuffs?"

"No. Not until you tell me of the key or...you already know where it is specifically located." Kobra said slowly. A pentagram glowed red on one of his eyes. What is that?

I felt the air change. It flew, spinning, ruffling my hair and filling my ears with howls and the sound of leaves. I looked around, expecting to see what demonic ability he had. I've seen him used poison magic.

He also uses air. I noted. Weird.

"They'll come after you" I warned.

"Who? Your friends? The magic council? Please, are they gonna risk their lives for you?" He leaned down to my face. "You have something that I want. We have found the Chest. Tell me where the key issss" He hissed, he sounds more like a snake.